"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, April 6, 2023

dirt roads and valentines



Fresh air, sunshine and crisp cold country air! Makes a dirt road walk perfect







February was busy!
I totally forgot to post our Valentines, so I'll do that right now.
Here I am with my Valentine balloons.



 

I lost one! It slipped right out of my grasp.....and up up and away it went! LOL


Mr. Front Porch got me a pink cyclamen

and a card. And this necklace, it's the moon on the day I was born! I thought that was a neat idea, Fun!! I love it. You can get them for any date....your wedding anniversary, your birthday, the day you met/first date, the date your children were born, etc., and they look up the moon on the day you choose. I was born on a full moon.
also got these pearl earrings



that week I found these ceramic birds at the thrift store.....I've been wanting some of these for a long time, and FINALLY.....there they were! I just love their bright colors.


I got one of those miniature rose bushes too. All those are now planted and doing good.

I got Mr. Front Porch this cologne, to try something new. I'd never heard of it, and my friend Jenny over at "I'm Having a Thought Here"    www.jennyweber.com told me about it. She WAS RIGHT.....it sure smells good!

Also got him this nice Reminisce book about the soldiers in the Wars. And I got him magazine subscriptions for the coming year.




yay, we finally got our hollyhocks planted!


and now March has slipped on by........and it's April! I love April and May.

Palm Sunday was a lovely, sunny, warm day





after church, we spent the whole day outside, planting things, working in the yard and gardens, and playing with sweet animals.






my seahorse cameo



Wildflowers are abundant!! All over our property and along the country roads


good day for a long country walk--Tammie and Bindie are ALWAYS up for this! LOL


The bluebirds have been busy on their nest, with their youngsters! So far they haven't fledged yet.
not the best picture, but the best I could snap of this woodpecker

Mommy bird peeking out

....and the hummingbirds have arrrived!! Saw the very first ones on Palm Sunday. I make their food, and it was ready for them.

Gathering up Fairy Granddaughter's Easter presents. Got her American Girl doll a pretty Easter dress with Easter eggs on it, Isn't that a sweet little dress? Got lil bunny hair barrettes for her doll too, and other things.

a charm for Fairy Granddaughter's bracelet:
Decorated one of our mantels for Easter, This is my little light up Easter church with bunnies. I've had it for many many years. I think the little bunnies peeking out are so cute.
We are enjoying Holy Week , getting ready for Easter, and tomorrow is Good Friday. Hope your week is going great!

2 comments:

  1. i did not decorate the house for easter, i only put a few things outside. the deer are eating my tulips, that is new in our development, i didn't know we had them but my neighbors are picking them up on their ring doorbells.

    your backroads are perfect for walks...it seems you are enjoying your new home and being a little off grid. those horses are beautiful, they look very friendly and tame!! it is a little early for planting here, but i am excited about the thought. that is a very sweet charm for your granddaughter, i am going to start bracelets for my great nieces!! happy easter...always smile for pictures, you have a great smile!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi debbi...i do put out lettuce and small carrots for the bunnies. i think they eat it but i have so many animals in the backyard, i'm not sure!!

      Delete