"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, August 22, 2022

Big ship

 Hot, hot Summertime....

Summertime has hot and fiery sunsets!






fluffy summer blooms on trees......


and lots of people out walking and enjoying summertime.


Pretty outfits in shop windows and happy dogs out and about in the city.











Late afternoon sunlight hits the buildings and churches




and people scurry about, to and fro......hurrying to get   into air conditioning!


Big big ship in port that day.........It was headed to the Bahamas, I think. I love to check the schedules and see where the ships are off to when they leave our port.














splashing fountains give children something fun to play in and cool off, and young ladies in their light summer dresses are out for the evening.





Piazzas are full of flower baskets and frothy ferns!


the "dog days" of hot August means my hair is clipped UP any old way, to just get it OFF MY neck! LOL. And blouses are wrinkled and water is carried and sandals are worn.


I had ventured out because I wanted to make these pictures of my dolls.



funny---the heat doesn't seem to bother THEM! HA HA






Well, I didn't last too long out in the summer heat, but I DID get the pictures of my dolls that I wanted. LOL







Tracie and Amybelle love their "arm candy" too! LOL


Hope y'all had a real nice weekend, I'll be by later to see what everyone is up to! Who is ready for Fall?

3 comments:

  1. It sure has been hot and looks like another week for it here. I would love to see some overnight temps cool so that I can get out in the mornings again. I went yesterday but it was uncomfortable! The dolls are precious and I love the building photos with the late afternoon sun. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Hello to Tracie and Amybelle look so cute in their summer outfits and I love that chair! Where did you ever find it just their size? Really cute! Lily Grace sends her love and wishes she could be there too! I loved all the pictures, and it was wonderful to see your smiling face too! You look so cute, but I don't know how you could stand long sleeves and blue jeans in this heat! LOL. Maybe you were keeping the 'skeeters off of you! LOL. Your city is so beautiful! You certainly have plenty of wonderful photo ops there! That big cruise ship is something else! Wow! I've never been on a cruise. Have you? I honestly have no interest in being out on the water like that. I prefer to stay on terra firma! LOL. We are definitely looking forward to fall. I've had enough of this humid summer heat. I know it's coming, but it's awfully slow if you ask me! Thank you for this post. I love hearing from you and "the girls".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am certainly ready for fall! I love summer but I'm just about fed up with this humidity! Tracie and Amybelle are looking sharp, and so are you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete