"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Chilly February

February is here!




well I call this my "posy dress". I have NO IDEA what these flowers really are! LOL Big red poppies? Red sunflowers? ha ha




Let's meet on the corner .......and go for an evening walk about Charleston....in the winter ......on a chilly night! Long sleeves and leggings are now in use!

The "girls" got new winter coats for Christmas and were excited to show them off!
Tracie just loves her marigold yellow coat with the white fur and Amybelle loves her fur, new shoes and her new hat!
not to be outdone, of COURSE, ha ha LOL---Tansy is feeling glamourous in her shiny black "leather" coat. LOL



Tracie also got fun rainbow tights for Christmas


Let's see...........where shall we take  y'all?

yes!---let's go this way!!



Streetlights are now glowing and glimpses of sparkly chandeliers can be seen behind lace curtains










that is a HUGE mirror up there on that wall!
































just a few pumpkins remain.....most people have thrown theirs out by now. Very soon we will start seeing red hearts and Valentine wreaths on doors and windows.
Spotted Valentine goodies at the grocery last night:


lots of pretty balloons, boxes of candy, cards, and flowers to choose from


Went thrift store shopping last week. Got lots of books! I don't think I've read any Robyn Carr---but we did enjoy the two seasons of Virgin River that was on Netflix, so I might like the book.
Found a whole series of these mermaid stories for Fairy Granddaughter:








and this little American Girl book:





I love how these American Girl books and stories teach history in such a fun way. Love how they picture the characters in the front of the books! Brings the characters to life, I think.



 (I do think there is a fairy book in this series for every single color, animal, occasion, flower, season, place! ha ha LOL)
 I found a whole stack of these cute little fairy paperbacks!


This American Girl book is about a little girl named Marie-Grace:










Love the cover of the book above....the Mandy book.



love the pretty illustrations too!


The Mandy book is about a little ten year old girl.

And this one is about the Marie-Grace book:




Lots of these fun American Girl books---from so many eras. 








the illustrations from the Mandy book look so much like Charleston!



Not too much from the garden now, with the cold spell we had. Some peppers and one last "mater".

Been enjoying my magazines that have piled up over the holidays! Enjoyed this one as Mr. Front Porch spotted our very first blue bird to return just this weekend! I am so glad they are back. I love watching them and making pictures of them.



cute little babies!!

So......hope everybody's week has started off great!
I saw where lots of you got alot of snow and ice recently! Everybody---stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. I think I'll go search those fairy books. I need some more books like that! heehee! And I love that Heron you saw....not sure what he is but he is gorgeous! And that mirror you can see through the window is divine. It would be so nice to tour some of those homes. Enjoy your day! It's a rainy one here but that's good once in awhile! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbi

    I would love to walk the streets of Charleston or Savannah at night and look through the lace curtains. Just wanted to say hi and i'm going to try and blog regularly again. My snow of 11 inches is melting now and I threw out some poppy seeds in the snow for some summer blooms

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are warming up again nicely! Maybe the worst is over but who knows. Your adventures yielded lots of good reading! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your walks! And is that a denim shirt over your posey dress and black leggings?? I love denim and have a separate closet full of just denim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red posey dress is just gorgeous! Love it so much! You really can wear such lovely outfits with charm. And I LOVE Tracie and Amybelle's pretty new outfits, and Tansy too! So beautiful! They look like young ladies!! Wow, you sure found some wonderful books! Makes me want to read them too! They sound very interesting, esp. all the American Girl stories...and that Mandy story...and others. Enjoy them...and I hope your sweet Fairy Granddaughter will be able to enjoy them too! I hope you are all doing well. I enjoyed all the pictures so much. We've had a LOT of rain here the past couple of days. I am hoping for some sunshine tomorrow. Take care my friend. Love, Pam and Lily Grace (& Bailey too, woof woof).

    ReplyDelete
  6. your dress is beautiful, such a pretty fabric!!

    you are so lucky to still be getting produce from your garden, i would need a greenhouse to get produce this time of year!!

    i use to get birds and blooms but do not anymore!!

    ReplyDelete