"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Dinosaurs and Gidget

Howdy, Y'all! Headed out for a walk on this lovely spring day....and hope you can join us.
I got my lime green 'silk' blouse from a thrift store back in the winter. I just love it....so slinky!

Let's start in this alley....it's one of my favorites! Even on hot summer days, it's shady, cool and refreshing in here.
Only a few feet wide and with an 8ft. tall stone wall on one side
see them on the little ledge?......
.....Fairy stones sprinkled about for others to find


this is a big one, like the size of the palm of my hand

love the old bricks.........love the layers of history!










See the white door.....if you come running and forget.....you have a pretty big DROP OFF there to the ground....ha ha LOL! I guess maybe there was a wrap around porch there at one time?

one of my all time favorite shawls........it's very lightweight and sheer, but still has bright colors on it
supper supper supper supper supper supper
Long lines waiting to eat a seafood supper at Hyman's!








Well you just never know who is going to show up in Charleston! LOL

a pack of wild dinosaurs roaming the city streets!! LOL They had signs that said something like "stay home, wear masks, stay safe....DON'T GO EXTINCT" or something like that. LOL

They seemed pretty friendly! ha ha LOL
"Dinner and a Movie" So........what's on tv tonight?
Some recent movies:
I had never heard of this movie, we came across it on Netflix. It was pretty good! It was the story of a female landscape gardener (Kate Winslet) building complicated gardens and fountains at Versailles.

Love  her outfit here!
I had never heard of this movie with Farrah, and it was good! (a good old fashioned love story) I loved it! I pretty much loved anything she was ever in though...I thought she was a  great actress.



This movie was called "Strangers when we Meet", from 1960. Kim Novak and Kirk Douglas. Kim's clothes and make-up were so glamorous in this film.
IMDb
destinationsarajevo


I loved watching the Waltons and we watched all the Seasons, then watched the movies. (Thanksgiving, Easter, the weddings etc.)
Loved the family members, their stories, loved the location and loved the era!

Love their pretty blue and white plates!

Also enjoying all these old  Season episodes of Gidget.......lighthearted, innocent, goofy. (1960s)




I did like the Gidget movies alot more than this tv series--Gidget-1959--Sandra Dee,
 Gidget goes Hawaiian-1961-Deborah Walley, Gidget goes to Rome-1963-Cindy Carol,
 Gidget grows up-1969-Karen Valentine.
 Alot of different actresses to play Gidget.
Sally Field was adorable in this series and of course, on the Flying Nun too. Sally went on to a long and successful acting career and one of my all time favorites was her portrayal of Forest Gump's Mother, and also in Steel Magnolias. How about you? Norma Rae, maybe Places in the Heart, Smoky and the Bandit with Burt Reynolds?
 Oh---I remembered one....the voice of "Sassy" the cat in Homeward Bound!--what a cute children's movie, I loved it. It's the movie where the 2 dogs and the one cat get lost and separated from their family....and their long journey HOME.

I found this in a stack of thrift store books and read it  in one evening, a quick and easy little read! So I guess Gidget was a real person.
The book was autographed, (by Kathy, the real Gidget)  very nice. Except it was inscribed to "Max and Maya"......ha ha LOL!


back cover

Sure looking forward to this one starting up again!:

Of the old shows..........what are some of your favorites?
See ya next time! Stay safe and healthy everybody. I love reading about what all you've been up to.

5 comments:

  1. love, love, love your green shirt and that pretty shawl, that is something i would definitely wear. i like comfort clothes and that outfit definitely looks comfortable!! the walk was great, i like the alley way too and i adore old brick!!

    i think the outdoor dining, tables 6 feet apart is a good idea, we are not there yet. i worry about the person preparing my meal...how clean are the plates and silverware??? i have to be really careful...i don't know if i will be able to, even when the restriction is lifted!!

    we went to the garden center for flowers, and we ride our bikes, THAT'S IT!!! we got take-out once and i worried about that!! life is so different but i have adjusted well!!

    and as for my pool, you have a good memory!! we re-did the entire pool but i think it was 3 years ago. the pool and all of the concrete around it. they poured stamped concrete and we love it. i think it looks great and no more weeds growing between the brick pavers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love going on a walk with you...never know what you might see! Like a dog sitting in a orange chair haha and lots of people doing what people do and love that old brick wall, if only it could talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun walk with you today Debbi. I love that cool ally way. When my daughter and I visited your city, we had lunch at Hyman's. We ate at the Isaac Perlman table. I said if I lived there, I would try to eat at every celebrity spot in the restaurant. That was the one and only time I have fried green tomatoes. I would eat them again, but only there.So good. We like to watch old reruns of the Walton's, simple fun. Blessings to you Debbi, be safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a Gidget fan. I lived in a surfing town called Pacifica. All the girls wanted to be like Gidget. Sandree Dee was my favorite Gidget but I could tolerate the others just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Gidget shows and movies. I've always thought that would be a great name for a dog or cat. And love your alleys, too. So looking for the Crown to return. I miss Dick Van Dyke. He was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete