"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Mothers day







She is just starting to bloom!

It's a pretty park

Twisty, gnarled limbs


Mr. Front Porch gave me this lovely card. I never knew they made such a thing! Did you?
My first year to wear the white corsage. Not too many observe this old tradition any longer. I think it's an old Southern tradition, but not sure. You wear a red corsage if your Mother is living, and a white one if your Mother has passed on.
Well, I LIKE the old tradition, so I've always done this.
that is me and my daughter holding hands--we have little granddaughter squished in between us! LOL

our daughter in red
There was joy in this day being with our daughter and granddaughter, and they came to church with us which made my day. There was also alot of sadness because I miss my Mommy so. I know she's in a better place.....but I do so wish we had had much more time together. More hugs, more visits, more laughs."Gone Too Soon". I am so so so thankful we had our visit this Fall, before she couldn't stay with us any longer.

I did get a new blouse for Mothers day and I couldn't wait any longer to get out some of my summer pockebooks! LOL

this big fountain makes a lovely big splashing sound!


She is wearing two hats here!! LOL


This was my Mother's day present from little granddaughter. She knows I like owls, so she drew and colored the owl. They shrunk them and made them into magnets, jewelry, etc. with some kind of a hard clear resin over the picture. I love my necklace!! I know I will treasure this forever.

Little granddaughter and her Pa-Paw!
Later that day, I had my supper at Outback. I love my suppers there! They are consistent--you always know what you're going to get and that it will be prepared correctly. We never get the desserts....we are always too full afterwards! LOL
couldn't wait to dig in! Yum! Big yummy RIBEYE! I'm a ribeye girl!

Mr. Front Porch's Salmon

I am wearing my Mommy's gold hoop earrings and the butterfly pin she gave me shortly before she passed away. This was my first time to wear it.
Lord only knows what we are doing here!! ha ha LOL One thing for sure---we were having FUN!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, it’s me, laurie and .i came right back to visit you! Oh my gosh so many beautiful photos you brought us, yummy food and pretty outfits! I love how you say pocket books, do you know, in Canada you never hear that lol, it seems funny because we are 5 minutes from the American border and yet we never hear that term, we just call them a purse or bag, my daughter lives in Michigan and she now calls it her pocket book, I love that! It’s so nice to visit with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of you and your granddaughter are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky you could spend this day with your "girls" -- I love the photos of you and your granddaughter as well. A lovely day, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. Love the pictures with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful southern traditions, i have never heard of the red flower vs the white!!

    dinner looks very good, i'm glad you had sweet family to spend mothers day with!!

    ReplyDelete