"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, May 18, 2019

a Charleston Easter


Lilies kissing the blue Easter sky!

In many of the churches, you can purchase an Easter Lily which is placed on the altar in memory of a family member or loved one. This was my first year to place a lily in memory of my Mother. I know she would've loved it, she loved flowers. It's been a little over three months now, and I still miss her so much.
I love "people watching" and seeing everyone's Easter finery!










We went for a walk after church...........



I made pictures of a few pretty gates:


and lots of pretty flowers in bloom!





And here's my Easter outfit:
turquoise beads and my Gypsy necklace

a yellow pocketbook

and the colorful print of my new blouse

Hard to believe Easter was now weeks ago! I'm just now looking at my pictures and getting this posted. We have been so busy! I hope everyone is enjoying Spring!
Will you please tell me all about your favorite Easter or Spring outfit memory? Recent or from childhood.......

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful array of photos! The ivy around the doors, oh my, I love that! We dress up for Easter Sunday too, but not as many hats, of course it’s still snowy and cold for our Easter lol, I love your outfit, you do colour so beautifully! I love it! I also love the woman with the purple ribbon on her ankle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of the lily tradition, nice that you did it this year for your mom, and then you are able to take it home!! i remember getting all dressed up for church and easter as a child...i don't attend church anymore. i remember making easter bonnets at school, with paper plates and bows...and then wearing it to church!!

    you looked beautiful on easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the lily tradition is so awesome, I love that idea!! Everyone looks so nice in their Easter clothes as do you my dear friend! You remind me of a spring flower blooming in all your colorful glory. Your pictures are so beautiful and I never tire of seeing the gates.Glad you had a wonderful Easter hope you had a great Mother's Day as well!!
    Hugs!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easter lilies are a crowning glory and so many beautiful gates and a variety of people but the young girl with the hat and flower and a ribbon tied around her ankle was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lilies are so beautiful, and SO ARE YOU!!! You are a garden! And I loved the yellow purse shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing what the ladies are wearing! You definitely dress up more there than here in Florida! We are TOO casual...me too! lol I love your pretty Spring handbag and cute outfit. I remember one year when I was a girl my Aunt made capes for my sister, my cousin and me. That was special. We all had hats of headbands and pretty little purses...oh and gloves! Way back when! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hats OR headbands...with flowers on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look darling in your pretty outfit.Looks like it was a wonderful Easter for you all....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely Easter you had.

    For some reason your blog notifications have been ending up in my spam folder.

    Have a nice holiday tomorrow ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete