"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, January 4, 2019

Fruit on Doors


Earlier this holiday season, I read about a thing called "fruit fans" over doors. I'd never seen this anywhere  in Charleston. While out walking one day, lo and behold, there was one! LOL



Aren't they pretty, with the pineapple right in the middle?



to read more about the origin of the fruit fans, click below:

 

FRUIT FANS over doors


Holiday sparklies:

my sparkly new year's eve outfit. We ended up not going out because I came down with a bad headache
my new calendar (love it!):

Happy new year to all my blogging sisters!

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Debbie. Years ago, I had a subscription to Southern Living (loved the easy, tasty food recipes) and it often featured a home with the fruit fan above the door. It is so lovely and am surprised that you could not find one in beautiful Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Debbie!!
    I've seen fruit fans before. Not many, though. In Highland Park at Christmas one year we were looking at all the lights and saw a few above doors of some stately old homes. Beautiful! Bet they don't last long though, since it's real fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fruit fan but man we would have fruit flies if we hung something like that! We stayed in on New Years as well. I watched the Twilight Zone marathon while my husband snoozed on the couch haha I woke him up at midnight so we can toast to the new year.
    Happy New Year to you!!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! It's fun to see something out of the ordinary! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take care my friend. I'm thinking about you and hope you are well. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have visions of birds flocking to that fruit:) Sorry you weren't able to go out as planned for New Years Eve:( but wish you a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and a very happy new year to you as well! What a wonderful photo selection to start a new year with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Debbi! I like those fruit fans. But how do they attach them I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming old idea,something the rich would do with excess fruit back in the late 1800's maybe?
    I love the south and her mansions

    ReplyDelete