"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 30, 2018

A walk to the fountain



Howdy there, Mr. Squirrel!




I just love these old iron fountains and Charleston has so many of them. No matter where you are, turn right or turn left, there is nearly always a pretty fountain within easy walking distance. I love to walk to them, around them, and to sit next them just relaxing and listening to the splashing water. Even on the most muggy and sultry of days, sitting next to the water makes you just feel cooler, doesn't it?
I like to bring little granddaughter to the fountains and watch her throw pennies into the water as she makes a wish, she sure enjoys that!
And a picnic by a fountain is always so very nice, in any season!


I spotted these pretty flower bouquets in the store last night, aren't they pretty?


Even if I don't always buy them, I usually stop to admire them.

Do you have fountains in your town? How is Fall treating y'all in your neck of the woods? Has anybody had frost yet?--not here, it's still pretty hot.

6 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the fountain and I happen to have one in my front yard:) It is still hot here and so no notice of fall except for a few trees who have a little yellowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a fountain in one of my gardens and it was such fun to watch the birds in, and around it, see the lights come on at night and just to listen to it's bubbling. Unfortunately, Mother Nature was not so kind to it and a replacement was too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous flowers debbi, i like the sunflowers with the purple flowers. i can't think of any fountains in my town!! we've had a few cool days but this week is suppose to be very warm. no frost here, i think it will be a while. those closing flowers are beautiful in pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some fountains here, but not nearly as many as you! They are beautiful. It is still too hot here in north Florida and I am tired of waiting for some cooler weather. I hope it gets here soon and then maybe I can get out and do some serious walking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't really say we have fountains but we do have a soda fountain place does that count? Your's are unique and interesting looking. It seems fall came over night. Today the wind kicked in and holy cow did it blow with a vengeance, leaves were swirling everywhere. It's gotten chilly here and tomorrow is going to be even cooler. I'm glad you get out and walk. Our little Schnauzer loves to go for a walk but he's getting a bit on the older side so after his walk he pretty much sleeps the rest of the day. Thanks for visiting my blog I appreciate your comments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful walk with you in your gorgeous city....

    ReplyDelete