"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, September 4, 2017

Texture



I'm always in search of different textures to photograph.  This old house offered up many for me!

Bricks, and painted sections, and window frames, woodwork, and lots of tenacious green vines!



Lots of wonderful chipped surfaces, peeling paints, and lovely old fish scales on the very top. I wonder whose room that was up there?

I suppose it's a lost art....love all the hand carved wood on the old buildings!

close up of the fish scales


Bright summer sun and bright cheery colors!

heavy pale stone and rusty old iron

Red bricks, warmed by the hot Charleston sunshine all day

just look at all the textures on this old door:

the carvings, the many coats of paint, the layers of history here....just waiting for us to discover the stories...

4 comments:

  1. OH if old houses could talk!!!!! They would definitely have a big story to tell, wouldn't they????? Love that old house.. Wonder if someone will 'update' it a little sometime???? Lots of character!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Victorian houses get my heart a racing! And this oldie is no exception! Wow, I love the Italianate's with the gorgeous mansard roof's and fish scale shingles. Always a favorite of mine! Thanks for sharing its beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..
    หนังไทย

    ReplyDelete