"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Loquat Trees

I'm not sure, but I think they are native to China. I like these trees because the leaves make them look so tropical.

the fluffy white blooms that precede the fruit are very pretty and smell so sweet!

Charleston's loquat trees were particularly pretty this year.  Are any of you familiar with loquat fruit or used it for jam, jelly, sauces, wines, or other recipes? How about the kumquats, which are similar?

5 comments:

  1. I have never heard of that tree but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these but weren't sure what they were! How interesting...and how pretty! Have a good week! It's HOT! lol Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard of kumquats but not loquat fruit or trees!! i have aways wanted fruit trees and never planted one.

    this is a beautiful tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both trees are common in So. Calif. I think Kumquats are good for eating out of hand--the seeds are so big you don't get much pulp. Loquats are a citrus fruit. Great for making marmalade, on it's own or combined with other citrus. Yummy. Wish I had some. Hope this helps. I enjoy your blog. Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon is my favorite fruit -- I'd love a lemon tree!

    ReplyDelete