"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, February 23, 2014

In trying to make healthier food choices  suppers this week have looked like this:

I dont really use 'recipes' for salads...I just add whatever is available. This one had regular iceberg lettuce, raddicio, red leaf lettuce, kale, red peppers, carrots, onion, and a few black olives and tomatoes. 


once mixed it looks more like this:

Topped with some shredded cheese for protein and chopped walnuts for crunch.

I got the cute sturdy colorful plastic salad bowls at Publix. Love them.
I am also giving the green tea a try. So far I dont much care for it, but I have read it is so good for us.

I know that one small square of the good dark chocolate (70% or higher of the cocoa) per day is good for our hearts, so I have mine with a few walnuts which gives me good omega 3s and makes it taste like a really decadent candy bar! I like mine in the afternoon!

Wrapping up some DIYprojects this weekend including this lamp which turned out just like I wanted!


BEFORE

















AFTER



I just love this shade of emerald green!

The fun orange and white lamp shade is from the Dollar Store and was only $5.00. So if you have a drab or boring room an EMERALD GREEN LAMP AND AN ORANGE ZIG ZAG lamp shade will probably liven it right up! 

This week's reading:
This book was so good. It was about a military family and spanned a few eras and three wars. If focuses mainly on two sisters and begins in the 1930s and goes up to the early 80s.

4 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    Thank you so much for visiting. As you noticed I have been MIA for a while. Health issues and a pacer replacement has slowed me down significantly. Enough whining.
    Thank you for following me and I promise I will get busy soon. I I look forward to seeing what is going on in the Sister City. I love Charleston but have not been up in several years.
    My, that salad looks good. I agree most salads around here consist of what's on hand but you had a lot of good things on hand. I love chocolate but don't keep a lot around because I can't discipline myself around chocolate. I do keep a two pound bag a walnuts around that I can't seem to leave alone.
    I will do a little touring around you blog and I invite you to do the same.
    Blessings, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your salad looks delish! I made a salad yesterday for the first time in weeks. Thinking I'll have another one today!
    I love your "new" lamp! I love the chevron patterns that are so popular right now.
    Thank you for your visits and have a good week!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put the book on my reading list! I know I would like it! I love your yummy salads and try to make 'desserts' like that, too. I put a tablespoon of peanut butter with some chocolate sometimes...oh my! Love that bright green, too! It doesn't look like the same lamp. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the book review. I adore what you did with the lamp. We are trying to eat salads often, too. My husband loves olives. I know the green tea has many benefits; I don't care for it but drink it anyway! Hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete