"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, May 19, 2024

it was Mothers Day

 Well, I DO LOVE MAY. It's my favorite. Mothers Day, my birthday and our anniversary. It makes for a fun and exciting month!

Love our May calendar! His paintings are so bright and beautiful and really capture country life.
John Sloane calendar


Got my old vintage pocketbook ready. It was a lovely Mothers Day. The birds were up and singing as we went to Mothers Day church services.



And the very first sunflower was a blooming beauty!

As were the lilies, blooming so pretty, many more blooms than last year.



Here, we still adhere to the old Mothers Day tradition to honor our Mothers--- red for Mother Living, white for Mother passed on. A lovely old tradition I am proud and happy to keep up! Sadly, so many have dropped this sweet tradition.





Fairy Granddaughter enjoying the country air. Can you believe this was not posed?---this is just the way this child runs and bolts and frolicks and spins and twirls out here. Just like a fairy, LOL!
 I think she loves all the room, they live in the city! LOL

Our "baby chickens" were up bright and early! They are getting so big!



Pretty purple mums surprised me with blooms. We planted these here after they were done blooming last Fall.


Mr. Front Porch grilled steak, shrimp, and I made a big bowl of tater salad. It was all yummy


And coconut cake for dessert. It was not homemade, but it sure was good! LOL
Fairy Granddaughter made me a handmade beautiful card, and I got pretty flowers from Mr. Front Porch and Fairy Granddaughter and her mommy got me a peacock planter/vase.



I just love all the variations on the beads

I also got this pretty Murano glass necklace. I'd wanted for about a year now, I had given our daughter one for her birthday last year, saw how pretty it was, then I wanted one as well! LOL. Love the colorful glass beads made in Italy.

Afterwards, we went over to see the pretty water lilies. (lily pads?) I am always fascinated how they grow like this!





It was a truly good Mothers Day. I hope everyone had a great weekend this weekend as well. Its been alot of nice small spring thundershowers blowing through here the past few days. Good for the gardens!

4 comments:

  1. It was a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day for you! You look so pretty in that green summer frock. I just love that word- frock!
    Your granddaughter seems to be a free spirit just like you! So glad you are enjoying the country life! Do you ever miss the city? I doubt that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing these pictures, especially of you and Fairy Granddaughter! I know how thrilled you were to have them there for Mother's Day! What a blessing! Love seeing all the baby chicks getting so big!! They are still pretty! Love the flowers and your beads and your dress and just every thing. That shrimp sure looks wonderful!! Yum! What a wonderful Mother's Day. God is good! All the time, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a special day you had, just as it should be. you look beautiful debbi, your granddaughter does as well, dressed in purple!! the flowers are beautiful, the birds too...country life sure does look good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooh and that shrimp, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete