"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

New babies!

 Here's a few left in the box, getting ready to go into their new home:

cheep cheep peep peep!! They have the sweetest little voices! One has the most daintiest little sing-song voice!

And they are SO SOFT!
Below: this one's a singer! She's singing Jolene! LOL
Here they are learning to get into their "heater house" I call it. As they grow bigger, we raise the heater up so they can still fit under it. Even with warm days, baby chicks have to have heat warmers to sleep under until they are about 4 weeks old, or fully feathered.

they are so much fun to watch them jump and play! See the little nubs on their sides---those have feathered now and ours are trying out their wings. They are very clumsy and don't quite know what they are doing yet. They fly into each other and walls. LOL

Look how this one wears her eye make-up! LOL Shes so glamourous!

They are just precious! Look at those sweet little faces!
NO CALLIE........dont you even think it!!



Glad you came to see me, and hope your week has been going well! It's been HOT HERE. Much ice water and sweet tea with lemon is being consumed, LOL!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, those baby chicks are the cutest things! They do have personalities, don't they? I know you are loving them so much! they are blessed to have YOU for theier "mother hen". LOL. I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them! I do hope Callie will behave and stay away from them! Are they in a safe place from her, I hope??? I'm sure they are. That glass of iced tea and lemon sure looks good! I prefer mine unsweet, but yes, please pass me the lemon! It's HOT here too! Too soon to be this hot, and no rain in sight. Praying for rain and a cool down! Take care and enjoy your "family", Mother Hen! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I just love those chicks. They are so very cute. You are so lucky. Is it hot there - hence the tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those precious baby chicks! Reminds me of the ones we got at Easter! It's close to 90 here today....TOO hot! lol Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet chicks! We have a dozen baby bantys here.
    Not hot yet but nice and then it turned cold and now it's cold and raining! We go home tomorrow but I enjoy the dark chilly wet weather as much as the pretty days!

    ReplyDelete