"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

city flowers


 One of my most favorite things to do is spend time with Fairy Granddaughter!

She loves looking at the old homes as much as I do, and often notices details I might miss.
she loves taking the dolls along on our "adventures"...pointing out pretty fountains, birdbaths, gates, and flowers. She likes to take pictures of the dolls with the pretty things she sees.


On this day, we saw some big beautiful flowers!
I had Tracie along, and she had her blonde doll too.
When we go past this house, I always stop to see if they are blooming.

These are Angel's Trumpet. The bushes can get up to 20 feet tall or so.


pretty color of shutters


well, WHO IS that little child in the white dress? LOL


Yep, it's Fairy Granddaughter, she was playing dress-up that day and had on a long white dress. She blended right in with these old homes full of history.






"Ma-Maw....the gates ARE SO TALL!"



"let's peek in!"

This is a lovely formal garden. Very pretty, but definitely not my style. LOL I like "wild" gardens. LOL







This sits above a doorway

See it......way up there on top of the door?


very grand gates, just beautiful


angel wings:


A beautiful  late Summertime walk in lovely Charleston. Where we look at pretty things, play pretend, learn history, make pictures for memories, and enjoy being together. Best kind of day.

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely day with your Fairy Granddaughter and "Friends" Tracie and Blonde girl? They all look like they belong in those lovely gardens and big old houses. I love seeing Fairy Granddaughter in her beautiful long white dress. Yes, she's just an old fashioned girl...the best kind! Love the angel trumpets and also those "angel-wings". Very angelic kind of day! Thank you for sharing it with us. It's a bit chilly here today...48 this morning!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like fairy granddaughter takes after you...her dress is so lovely!! such pretty flowers, i don't think i have ever seen an angel trumpet bush or flower, they are so soft and delicate. and 20 feet tall , wow, they must have a lot of flowers on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okkkk.. this sound great. A fairy granddaughter.
    You can check out my new post here: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/10/retirement-dilemma-selling-your-home-for-care-costs.html

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those angel trumpets were beautiful. Love all the architecture. Looks like y'all had a fun walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect day that was!!!

    ReplyDelete