"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

and the rain stopped

 The rains finally went on their way, and the sun came back out. We spent an evening on the beach.


























Children frolicking in the salty water and couples enjoying the colors in the sky











Gorgeous white dog!















Lots of dogs and people out enjoying the pretty sunset and warm evening.





Surfers, paddle boarders, young girls having fun





Beads today: lots of color and a little bit of everything! LOL


What in the world? At first we thought it was a jet, they are often spotted coming and going over the ocean. But it kept going more and more vertical, and Mr. Front Porch and I looked at each other and said "jets don't go THAT STRAIGHT up". LOL

It left behind pink billowing smoke



......and kept climbing and climbing......


the rocket zooming into the sky!



A closer view

Then we saw pieces breaking off it! By then we were pretty sure we were watching a launch of something. LOL
the piece we watched break off the rocket

A close up of that piece

We found out that we had viewed the launch of a
 classified NROL-101 spacecraft from down at Cape Canaveral. It launched atop a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket.
The launch of this spy satellite kicks off a flurry of more launches which included the  Crew-1  mission for NASA which I believe went up successfully this weekend and took up 4 astronauts to the Space Station for a long stay.
I've never seen a rocket go up before, so I thought that was pretty interesting. How bout y'all----ever seen anything like this?

Saw any good movies lately? We enjoyed this movie on PureFlix. A sweet little romance movie about a young Amish woman.

And we watched all 22 episodes of  "Hope Island". (1999) I wasn't sure if I would like it....but after a few episodes, I started falling in love with the characters and the pretty scenery of this island somewhere off the coast of Washington. It's about a young Reverend who arrives on the island to re-build a community church.


(below)Christmas Truce, the story of a young Army Captain and a Belgian girl he meets during the Battle of the Bulge in 1944. A sweet War time love story, nice history, and takes place during Christmas. I loved it!

IMDB

ION


I also loved this movie, Apple Mortgage Cake, about a single New Jersey mom of 3 teen sons, broke and struggling to pay her bills, her mortgage, and repair her falling apart home on her part time teacher's salary. She has ten days to come up with the money to pay her taxes and her mortgage. 

Hope everyone is having a good week so far, thank you for stopping by to see me!--I'm now on my way to catch up with y'all!

6 comments:

  1. i am having a really good week, the weather has been really good!! i will have to look into those movies, i think i would also like the series!!

    i love the beach, i think it is my favorite place to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the beach pictures and especially the sunset ones. No have never seen a rocket launch and you got some good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some awesome pictures, Debbie! Loved them all! And amazing that you could see that rocket shot from your house and we couldn't see it here in Florida. It was too cloudy here. That is amazing! Looks like everyone was enjoying the beach for sure. Love all your colorful beads and baubles. Thank you for sharing with us. I enjoyed this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool that you saw that take off and like me, I would not have realized what it was myself. Love the jewels on the tree stomp. Beautiful skies. I go to the lake for sunset pics from time to time but wished I lived near a beach. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbi, So glad the rains stopped and you got outside to enjoy some time at the beach. Good to see so many things. The lift off of a rocket , wonderful. Take care there and be safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some of the most beautiful seascape photos I've ever seen. The sunsets are magnificent and that wood in the foreground is very powerful. How exciting to see the trail from the rocket launch and the pieces dropping off. That would be new to me, too!

    ReplyDelete