"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Summer Summer Sunday

Colorful summer flowers blooming on this Sunday morning:




After church it was actually cool enough for a short walk!

We had to stop and admire these big beautiful ferns! Aren't they gorgeous?!






"The sound of a sleepin city sidewalk
and Sunday mornin comin' down...."
....Kris Kristofferson


 


A sweet little sea girl has come ashore to walk the sidewalks and touch the bright blossoms.....


A blue and green sparkly pendant, an old rhinestone cross, and my tiny pearls
Let's peek into a few secret gardens, shall we?


We may see old time worn statues and birdbaths, or perhaps some fun bird houses!

Summer blooms against porch rails........
........and flowers against old old bricks.
A big splash of color over here!
I first glimpsed it through these big brick posts:


A quiet fountain bubbles and babbles



Well, it's warming up, y'all! I have taken off my hat and my sweater.

Beautiful cold marble steps
.........and a pretty pink door!

A lovely and quiet old fashioned southern porch, a flag flying, birds singing their Sunday songs, butterflies darting about.  Palm fronds rustle and roses swish in the light breezes.  A porch chair softened with an old faded quilt beckons......and frozen ice cubes clink in a clear iced coffee glass.

I'm too drowsy to even eat lunch.........think I'll sit here and sip my sweet creamy coffee and just doze.............for awhile............and a while longer......hope y'all had a lovely Sunday as well!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi, I loved seeing all your pictures. Oh that adorable little girl. Glad you had a nice cool walk. I absolutely love when my town is quiet in the early mornings on weekends. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those ferns are unbelievable! So full and beautiful. I guess the humidity there is perfect for them. Love peeking into secret gardens with you:) and those two specially trimmed plants that framed the pink door were perfect. Also love the sign "porch time".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie, it's so pretty. I will never catch up so I'm starting anew and my! There is such beauty in your world with those wonderful ferns and flowers and gardens (and yes, jewelry too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh debbi, you look so pretty in your floral shirt and black flowing skirt!! i like the pink door, it's a wonderful shade of pink...and "porch time", that's the perfect vignette!!

    ReplyDelete