"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, December 12, 2016

Windows of all Kinds



If you've read my posts for long you know that I notice many many windows and what people put in them. I love to see pretty things and unusual surprises in windows! 
Some of them are almost like a little greeting like "hey! hello! I knew you'd be walking by so I put something interesting in this window for y'all to see and enjoy!"

Windows can also tell stories about who lives there.
This was an interesting window:

There's the big metal sun that hangs up on top. And in the windowsill there are various bottles, a cactus with a big yellow bloom on top, and other curious items.
The window below has pretty little white angels and a tiny swan vase.


Pretty orchids growing well in that light filled room.
(above) A bright and interesting curtain in a basement apartment.
(above and below) Glimpsed this one while walking back in October--it's all set up for either a party or reception maybe? What do y'all think?
Oh I do love those black and white floors!!
(below) this kitchen window sits right on the street and I couldn't help but notice as I went by the neat faucet, the tomatoes waiting on the windowsill, and the pumpkins at the ready on the center island.  That one tomato looks like a heart, doesn't it?
(below)--a tiny window with a pretty lace curtain. You can see that almost everything is still nice and green here in Charleston.
Pretty blue shutters below!! Love that shade of blue
Behind the metal on this window I found pretty blue white vases!
I tried to aim my camera in between the grate to photograph this vase.
(below) Happy curtains on this green porch!


One thing you can be sure of...all of the old windows in Charleston have stories to tell!

8 comments:

  1. I assume that you have a zoom lense to get that close to the windows. I remember that when I was a child, most windows were decorated with various articles. The only thing on my windows now is my Daisy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking in on how people decorate their window sills. When we were re-doing this house I had the builders put in extra wide sills just for that purpose. That house with the cards on the door is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good eye for noticing these beautiful things. I don't have window sills, so I can't fit anything pretty in the windows, plants either. I especially like the reflections!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your window posts. We don't see a lot of blooms in windows this time of year up here -- very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that would be my favorite thing about living in your historic city, peeping through the windows! Even more so than peering into gardens. Of course with my blog name, you know that's a favorite pastime.

    So curious about the card party house! Love the black and white floors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbi, loved the stroll down the street with you, peering into people's windows. What fun. Hope you are having a great time and that your Christmas is extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, You live in such an amazing city.. We actually passed through there in November and spent one day there (going from FL to NC).... We visited the McLeod Plantation on this short visit and also the Angel Tree... WOW---what an amazing tree. Bet you have seen it many times... We also ate at an awesome restaurant, Poogan's Porch... WOW....

    You are so lucky to live there...

    I published a post yesterday --so check it out (if you haven't already).

    Hugs and Merry Christmas,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! The beautiful antique mirror in that last window sure got my attention! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete