"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, March 22, 2024

a day in charleston

 We spent a day in Charleston this week

over the bridge

........and then under it! LOL






I love looking at all the amazing architecture




Seems everybody and their dog was out enjoying the Spring day!




 a few of the Basket Ladies were out

and the horses and carriages and wagons were out




We were lucky to be there when the Wisteria was in full bloom!


I do love photographing it every year!







Clusters of beautiful purple blossoms, waving gently in the spring breeze


Bees, drunk on the nectar, bump around lazily




lots of others come to make pictures too.....we all politely and good naturedly wait our turn.....






caught a buzzing bee in this one! LOL




"It's a place so beautiful it  makes your eyes ache with pleasure just to walk down it's spellbinding, narrow streets. "  .....Pat Conroy
Most of the pretty windowboxes are already planted. I love seeing which flowers and which colors people use each year








one of my most favorite gates



Lots of green trees now and lots of flowering trees in full bloom



I was not only thrilled to catch the purple Wisteria in full bloom.....but also the yellow Ladybanks I love too!


They're so bright and pretty!


"the gardens of Charleston were mysteries walled away in ivied jewel boxes emitting their special fragrances over high walls...." ....Pat Conroy


the sky was brilliant blue that day and Saint Michaels looks pretty

preparing for upcoming Easter



pretty pink!

there are always long lines at Hymans for the seafood



I like the color of this green house






it photographed kind of blue, but it's really a bright purple!



I've always loved this old Greek Revival building, it's huge! A long time ago, it was a Methodist church, built in 1856.  It was used as a hospital during the Civil War. It now  houses all kinds of rare documents. I read that recently investors bought the old building, planning to turn it into commercial businesses. They paid over 2 million. The museum has been permanently closed.


Spring green, breaking out all over!



and the azaleas were in rampant bloom just everywhere!
Below, my St. Patricks day fun socks and my  french twist clipped up "hair-do" and my green bows! LOL





Thanks for stopping by to visit me. Hope your week was safe and happy. Hope y'all have a real nice happy, Peaceful weekend. 
Looks like Florida is getting alot of rain. We've had off and on rain here all day, most light, but a few heavy downpours.
our beans, "maters", and onions are planted. This weekend we plant "taters"!

I made this picture last month, I think:
we have lots of cardinals!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the wisteria photos, and all the others too, but especially the wisteria since I don't have any here to enjoy! Looks like Charleston is all decked out for spring in full living color! Beautiful pictures! Love seeing you there too! Love your St. Patrick's day socks, bows, etc. You are so colorful and fun! Pretty Cardinal! I hope you are doing well and that you enjoy this weekend. Yes, we are getting plenty of rain this weekend, but that's okay. We need it! I'm not complaining! Talk to you later! Go plant your maters and taters. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charleston is such a lovely city. I especially love the wisteria. Thanks for popping by, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain went around us but that's OK...it's beautiful and sunny today. I love Charleston...a great city to walk downtown! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So much to comment on . ....I love the old buildings and the architecture of them The new buildings just don't do it for me. Wow...that rail is a lot! Maybe more than I would want for myself but cool. Wisteria has not started blooming here yet. Just one more thing to deal with, pretty but allergies have been kicking my rear this yr. I have reached out to my area to purchase some local honey for my coffee in hopes that will help get me adjusted to the pollen in this new area. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. That truly is a fabulous bridge! I was listening to a podcast last week where the Washington state host talked about a recent family visit to Charleston. She fell in love with the city and I can understand that. I think my favorite element is the wrought iron fences. Your Pat Conroy quotations reminded me that I need to get one of his books off my bookshelves for a reread. I miss his presence on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you, Debbi: the wisteria and Lady Banks roses blow me away every year! Azaleas don't trip my trigger as much but they are beautiful too. So lovely in huge masses, like at Augusta National! Probably the most well-tended azaleas in the world there, hahaa! Can you believe it's almost April? Happy Easter, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete