"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, October 11, 2021

house on the Battery

 



I found this painting/print at the thrift store recently. I liked it, so bought it. I was pretty sure I'd seen this house on the Battery, so we headed out to locate it, on a pretty day.


We looked and looked and couldn't find this pink house.
We finally figured out it was THIS house, but it was not pink. We could tell for sure by the architecture, placement of doors, windows, etc.


So my question was........was the house EVER PINK, or did the artist just make it pink so it would be a pretty pink?




I talked to the lady who lives here, and visited with her cute little dog.

She told me the house was painted the present color when her husband purchased the house, I think?




On down the street------


Love these green doors!


And here's what the picture looks like now, it was already nicely matted, I just had to find a big gold frame for it. It's on one of our gallery walls, and I love seeing it there!

I love our beautiful old historic homes here in Charleston, and I love getting a chance to talk to the people who live here and who love these old houses as much as I do!

Hope everyone had a real nice weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful painting! I think I like it pink better than the tan/taupe color it is now. I bet it really was pink at one time. That would make sense in Charleston, wouldn't it? It just looks like it would be pretty in pink! And you have it pink now forevermore! I love how it looks in the matte and frame! Wowza!! Great score!! I am happy you met the lady who lives there. Too bad she didn't invite you inside for a tour! Now that you know where the house is, who knows? Maybe sometime you can show her the picture again in its frame and she just might invite you in to tea. Maybe you should take Tracie and Amybelle along...Oh aren't I the dreamer? And then maybe you could get to be friends and whenever we ever come to visit you with Lily Grace, maybe she could invite us all in to tea! Ha Ha! I AM a dreamer! Well, it might make for a good story...only make believe, but can't you just imagine having tea in that "pink" house? Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us. I think you should think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the house and I'm so glad you got the painting! It really is so classic! Enjoy your day. It's beautiful here so we'll be out and about...I'll say hello to the gators for you! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful find and to know it's of an actual home in your area! The home is beautiful and your framed painting looks so nice too. Thank you for your sweet visits and kind words.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found the house even though it isn't pink, it is indeed beautiful and your painting is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to show this post to Lillian next time I visit her. She is from Charleston and has a large painting in her room of the Battery. I would love to see your gallery walls! That red is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete