"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 29, 2024

Fall has arrived

 good-bye summer....


Somehow Fall slipped in!

John Sloane calendar, September
"try to remember the kind of September

When life was slow and oh, so mellow.

Try to remember the kind of September

when grass was green and grain was yellow.

Try to remember the kind of September

when you were a tender and callow fellow.

try to remember, and if you remember, then follow.

Try to remember when life was so tender

that no one wept except the willow.

try to remember when life was so tender

that dreams were kept beside your pillow.

Try to remember when life was so tender

that love was an ember about to billow.

Deep in December

it's nice to remember, although you know the snow will follow

Deep in December it's nice to remember

the fire of September that made us mellow.

Deep in December,

Our hearts should remember.....and follow......"

......1960 Broadway musical

Does anyone remember this old song?





I did a bit of decorating about the house

I haven't even put my summer pocketbooks away......I just slapped some Fall florals into them! LOL




My little Pilgrim People. They are decades old now.



they are standing in front of the old radio I blogged about a couple of posts back

Some cheery little Scarecrows jumped into my seahorses and peacocks that are on this fireplace mantel:

....and another one in this hall:




Swaying in the hot breezes......Spanish Moss and the last of the Crepe Myrtle blossoms:
The remaining ones were ripped off by Hurricane Helene's rampage through South Carolina and many other states the other day
"Mandy", our Mandevilla is blooming again, with her scarlet blooms


and my buttery yellow begonia has once again bloomed:



Pretty butterflies visiting

I hope everyone is safe and that you had no damage from Helene. The devastation in so many states is just awful. We were without power here for a day, and so many are still waiting for theirs to be turned back on. So much damage to people's homes, livelihoods, cars, properties, towns, highways, and lives lost. It was a bad bad storm.

 We have alot of yard damage here, but our home is safe, and the big trees that came down narrowly did miss our guineas and chickens coops. We are grateful as it could've been so much worse.

If you were in the path of this dangerous storm, how was it where you live?


No comments:

Post a Comment