"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Winter walk and supper at Hymans Seafood-Charleston

Here's hoping everybody had a great Thanksgiving and ate lots of good food!
We certainly did and have been enjoying the left-overs for the past several days...finally deciding yesterday we would go out to eat....something/anything that was not turkey! ha!
We went for our walk first....I wanted to get out and see what was blooming. I love to look at the flowers and of course make pictures of them...some turn out better than others. Y'all know how it goes.


I love the perky faces of the sunny pansies!



"Clip-Clop!"

These people put a big bear into their window!
Lots of dogs out enjoying the 71 degree day!



Three tall " skinnies"






Does anyone know what the little white flowers to the left of the pansies are?

After our walk, we had surely worked up an appetite and were ready to go into the restaurant!




I enjoyed the tin ceiling, brick walls and the old spiral staircase.

The hush puppies were delicious and so was my fried catfish supper!

So many famous folks have visited, they've almost ran out of room to put their framed pictures up.


There's a little gift shop next door:
with all the typical souvenir item you can browse and buy.
The mermaid dolls were very cute!

HAPPY MONDAY Y'ALL!

5 comments:

  1. I love the photos you take around town. I know you'll see more and more pretty holiday decorations too! And what cute little mermaid dolls. I may put one on my wish list. Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I'm trying to talk my husband into a quick trip to Charleston this spring.

    The white flower is cyclamen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time that we visit Charleston, we will have to visit that seafood restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the flower is called cyclamen, i have one that is getting ready to bloom, i keep it indoors!!! my outdoor pansies are still blooming and they are suppose to come back in spring!!!

    i you are always in for a real treat when you visit a restaurant that is voted the best in town or that area!!

    looks like a great place for a walk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, it looks like summertime instead of Fall. I know what those flowers are and darned if I can think of the name. Someone will know..my memory is SHOT! :) Lovely photo's.

    ReplyDelete