"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Old straw hat and a flowered scarf!

Goodness gracious, is it REALLY FALL!? How did that happen?

I had this post ready to go about the time Hurricane Florence came barreling towards us. I'll go ahead and post it now but not before saying how very saddened I am for all the losses and destruction of homes, businesses, properties etc., and especially for the loss of LIVES. We send our condolences to those who lost loved ones and we pray that those affected  will be able to re-build their homes and lives. What an awful storm it was.
*********************************************************************************

Sandals and a loose black dress and bare legs---perfect for a hot summer night!






(I received some interesting information on this house just yesterday, which answered alot of my questions!)






I wish I knew where they got this---I would love a whole flock!



Here's the pictures I made earlier this year:

it was so little then!

cannas have burst into bloom all over the city


Time to go back in and cool off and have some supper. I'm ready for my glass of sweet tea with lots of ice! Tammie and Bindie didn't walk this evening, so they are excitedly greeting us at the door---they act like we've been gone for days! LOL Their tummies are telling them it's "suppertime", one of the highlights of their day, of course. 
It's left-overs for us tonight. Left-overs in front of the tv, one of my favorite ways to spend an evening. I just love this show, "Anne with an E", and was so so glad to see Season Two in our Netflix! I sure hope they make many more seasons.
We are so glad you came along and walked with us this hot summer evening! did you make any good pictures?
Now.....let me go get you a heaping plate of spaghetti with my special meat sauce! You want parmesan on top of that? LOL

7 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi, So glad you are safe. I am sending hugs to you and all who were in that storm. It is sad that lives and property are lost. I too hope everyone can rebuilt. It is going to take a long time. Be strong and never lose faith. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lovely walk with you, Debbie. I am so glad to read that Florence did not do too much damage to Charleston. How horrible that storm was to other areas and my heart goes out to those affected.

    I also enjoy Anne with an E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad to hear from you and that you are okay. I hope you didn't have a lot of damage there. I love that canna flower and the walk was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooo awesome to see you today and know that you are well. my son lives in chapel hill and they were not impacted by the storm either. all we saw was a lot of rain!!

    another nice walk, i am so glad you were not impacted in a negative way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbi, I have wondered if you were home again and okay, so glad that you are and that your beautiful city escaped most of the wrath of Florence, still waiting to hear from another blog friend as they're driving home today to NC.

    You do have a canna today in your pictures! Well, you know what they say about great minds, right?

    And that green door you show looks like the same color as mine, that is Benjamin Moore Fairmont Green!

    I love your new birthday necklace! It is fabulous and timeless, I can see you passing it on someday to a granddaughter who will love it. Your whole outfit there is one that will make your city proud as you're out walking its beautiful streets. I'm afraid my walking outfit would be an embarrassment to mine, ha!

    As far as your question about any fall here yet, only very subtle ones and this is the first day in ages that we won't be in the 90s, with a record breaking 97 in Nashville the other day. Maybe now we're in for a change though.

    So glad to know Charleston was spared,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all is well with you. How I love your walk and especially seeing your orange friend. Reminds me of my Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete