"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Beach Labor Day


We had a quiet and low-key holiday weekend. Worked on a few house projects and cleaned off our front porch, went to church and had some yummy BLT's for supper on Sunday.

Mr. Front Porch got out the Fall boxes and we did the Fall decorating of the mantel and a few other  splashes of Fall about the house. Also got groceries and went to the thrift store.
this little plate got broken a long time ago. I refused to throw it away and Mr. Front Porch glued it back for me






It was hot today but we had a real good breeze so that felt great!

and then I saw this............................................
My goodness, she looked SO SO MUCH like my Gypsy.

It's just like seeing her again.....my first instinct is to run, so fast and to have her recognize me........but then I quickly realize that no, this is not my Gypsy. It is someone else's beloved dog. This was my third sighting of a dog identical to Gypsy, the first time I cried. The second time (in a parking lot) I politely asked the lady if  her dog was friendly and if so--may I pet her? and explained that we had just recently lost ours who looks identical to yours, and the lady was so nice and yes I got to pet her, the lady was so kind and talked to me for a while. Today was my third time to see a dog like her, and it didn't bring tears,  but it did stir the wonderful memories of playing on this exact beach with her. She loved to take long walks on the beaches with us. So in a way, seeing dogs that remind me of her is somehow comforting. That's not to say that I don't cry, matter of fact I did just that last night watching a movie on Netflix about a dog and the dog died and yes, I couldn't finish watching that sad movie. But otherwise I am doing better most of the time and seeing a dog like her isn't as hard as it was at first. There's not a day goes by that I don't think of Gypsy and miss her. I read somewhere you don't ever "get over it", you just learn to live with the sorrow.
The only happy part of the sadness is that we now have sweet Bindie in our pack and I just know that Gypsy would WANT ME to give the love I gave her.....to another dog who needed it. 
We had a beautiful sunset to enjoy!



Love these two so much!!
Going home to have supper......we were a bit different this year, and did not grill anything out or go on a picnic. I put a roast and carrots and "taters" in the crock pot early and it was a good hearty supper to come home to after being on the beach. A slow cooked roast like this is one of my most favorite meals, and oh my gosh, it sure does smell good when you walk in that door! LOL
Bought this at the thrift shop this weekend and read it last night. It was very interesting and full of neat pictures!
Finished this one up last week and it was amazing, I loved it and highly recommend it! "The Wiregrass". I think this was her first book and I am very much hoping she writes more.
All spring and summer, we've been watching these on Netflix:
I didn't think I would like the Midwife show, but I fell in love with it, so much interesting history there.
anxiously awaiting Netflix to put up the newest Seasons of
Midwife and When calls the Heart, I love both shows!! Waiting for Jack and Elizabeth to be back together!
Land Girls had a few Seasons, then ended. I hated when it ended as I loved this one!--I thought it was great and would've enjoyed a few more seasons!


Looking forward to hearing how y'all spent your Labor Day. And what t/v shows have y'all been enjoying this summer?

7 comments:

  1. Dogs leave an imprint on our hearts that stay forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the sunset pictures and will check out the book. Heartland was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbi, Yes I had a great weekend...glad you did too. Your dogs look like twins to each other. LOL. I know you have find memories of your Gypsy dog. I thought of our old Snoopy(beagle) that was my girls dog for a few years. That was a sweet dog. Glad you got your decorating for fall things out. Me too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adored the midwives. One of my favorites and I think underrated -- some of the best writing on television! And I have Land Girls on my netflix list.

    Looks like a fun holiday, Debbi. But I'm not ready to decorate yet for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Debbi!! Such a fun post about your holiday! I agree that coming home to the delicious smell of a roast is about as good as it gets! You know what two pics are my favorite from this post?? You will laugh but it's your purse hanging on the branch and the shot of your skirt billowing in the breeze!
    Sounds like a perfect holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.Labor Day Deals

    ReplyDelete