"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, September 7, 2018

Dark

Charleston after dark




In the worst heat of the Charleston summers, we walk at sunset, trying to catch a cool breeze. Sometimes we do, mostly we don't, ha ha LOL It's a humid and muggy world here in  July and August, stretching into September as well. Last year we took a 2 week or so break in the hottest part of the summer but this year we've been able to keep walking most nights or at least every other night. We do our best. It's not just for the exercise, even though that's great for us, or the fresh air, which is also important, but it's our time together. We like to walk, and talk, and look at all the history, and of course, I love to make pictures.When the sidewalks are not too blistering hot, Tammie and Bindie love to go with us, but I don't want them getting their paws burned, so some nights they remain home, stretched out on smooth cool floors and eager for us to return, because the means "supper!" Very happy that we have grass yard for them to use daily!




Night falls and the street lights start coming on






the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist, taken on a hot summer night


way up in the tower!!


Lights blazing in houses as people go about their night time routines, eating supper, watching the nightly news, getting ready to retire for the evening.




neon lights up the night










just one lone light on in this house!


WAY.............


UP THERE!






Little 'corner stores'....we still have a few here in Charleston!










night flowers scent the hot Fall air
















"Let's go in!"


so many SMELLS TO SMELL!!






So many sights to see in the summer city after dark!
And I'm glad you came with us!

12 comments:

  1. Some of these are a little spooky, but they are all just wonderful. I absolutely love that little window "way up there"! I'm so happy to be back and I sure did miss my blogging buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I loved the night walk. You do get your exercise . I can only imagine how excited the dogs are to sniff every thing. LOL. I love little corner stores. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how much YOU love your city...how blessed you are to live there where you enjoy it so much. I sure enjoy your gorgeous photos...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how special and what a treat to have a night walk with y'all!!!
    Let's do some more real soon, okay??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this treat. Really interesting seeing glimpses of Charleston at night.

    Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I totally enjoyed the night walk and especially since I didn't have to endure the humidity. My favorites are of the church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! Your photos are great...it's not easy to get good night time pics! Love that cat with the bright eyes! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is my favorite post of yours yet, Debbi. I admit to loving to be driven around at night and seeing cheerful lights on in windows, a pretty lamp and sometimes a pretty room. And you get to see them up close on foot! That would be so much fun in itself, but to see Charleston at night would be heavenly.

    I love this habit you two have, this time for us walk. Thank you for telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i always enjoy an evening walk, especially with you!!! it's been hazy, hot and humid here but today, all of that changed. today, if you went out, you needed a hoodie!!

    if it wasn't raining, today would be a great night for a walk here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks very mysterious there after dark. There sure are a lot of ornate buildings there, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful night shots, Debbi. It actually looks a tad spooky to me!

    I hear Florence is headed your direction. Please be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took really great shots and I have to agree with Jeanie, it kinda made me think of a Halloween night, or something spooky. Love the moon picture! You must have a super camera to get a picture such as that one. I had an Uncle who lived in Akin SC and I remember when I was a kid my dad took us to visit him. It was incredibly humid. I'm used to the PNW and that was a real shocker to me especially after a rain storm, holy cow! Then the bugs seem to be way larger there as well haha - I was just a kid but they were big!

    ReplyDelete