"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Parade Day

I look forward to the big annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade every year!



Wake up, New York city---it's parade day! A chilly morning in the 30s!!


Love all the balloons!










Spirit of America Cheer


These two did a great job on a Prince song!
Trumbull High School, Trumbull Connecticut


I've spent hours and hours playing Teenie Genies with granddaughter, so I immediately recognized Shimmer and Shine on their float!










Ohio University Band






Colony High School, Palmer, Alaska








"Valley of the Jolly--Ho, Ho, Ho!!.....Green Giant!"




Spirit of America Dance Stars


Macy's Great American Marching Band










Wouldn't this be an amazing show to see live on stage?!










the beautiful Rockettes


I love to watch their performances! You can see the Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Show on Netflix, we watch it every year and it is great family entertainment. Our little granddaughter calls the Rockettes "the kick girls". LOL


this is who the children have been waiting to see!




Santa's arrival signals the end of the parade and the beginning of the Holiday season.
I see where alot of you have already begun decorating for the season and the first of December is almost here. I've done a little Christmas shopping and have just started to "deck the halls". Lights will be strung, and a wreath will be hung! LOL We will put up our little tree this weekend, and I am enjoying all the Christmas music on the radio, especially all the old songs!

3 comments:

  1. My dad took us kids to the NY Thanksgiving Parade most years while I was growing up. I still have memories of wonder and excitement of those times many years ago. We also went to Radio City Music Hall during the holidays to see a Christmas movie and show ( back in the 50’s, they played movies that were musical). I took my granddaughter there about five years ago and was disappointed. It was not as beautiful as I remembered and was very commercial. Sometimes you can’t go home again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME CAPTURES!!!! we went a few years ago and it was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos! It was a great parade. My daughter and I watched it too. She always enjoys the bands since she is a high school band director.

    ReplyDelete