"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, November 20, 2017

November weekend

Cassia trees in full bloom, I think they are so pretty!



















Flowers in the beautiful French Quarter of  the city

Let's peek into the courtyard at 27 State Street Inn!:

they have LOVELY ROOMS here!




After church Sunday we tried to spend as much of the day outside as possible. It was a pretty day.
The beautiful flowers on the arch were probably left over from a wedding yesterday:


So happy to get out my big soft plaid winter scarves!



wrapped up and keeping cozy!
Walked by Calhoun Mansion, so took a few pictures:

This was George Hazard's (played by James Read) house in the t.v. mini-series from back in 1985--The North and the South. Patrick Swayze starred, along with Johnny Cash, Genie Francis, David Carradine, Lesley-Ann Down, Morgan Fairchild, Elizabeth Taylor, Hal Holbrook, and so many other great actors and actresses.

Kirstie Alley stood on this balcony for some scenes as George's sister--Virgilia Hazard

the front doors are beautiful--full of heavy ornate glass

It's getting dark now.....time to go inside, have supper, and get cozy on this nice Fall night!
Hope y'all enjoyed walking around Charleston with us this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful walkabout! The area you live in is just fascinating!!! xo
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous city you live in and I thank you for all the neat photos you share with us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, I am enjoying your blog so much. I love walking around with you in your pretty city. Wish I could for real. The dog sniffing out the car window..I would be seeing all those roses. Beautiful. I love your plaid wrap. Blessings to you. Happy Thanksgiving. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post, Debbi! Love those glittery sneakers the bride and her ladies are wearing - how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful city, Debbi. I feel like I get to know it with you!

    Many lovely Thanksgiving wishes!

    ReplyDelete