"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Vines

They creep and twirl and twine themselves all around tall trees, telephone poles and houses.






And they droop and sway from highway overpasses.

They festoon buildings in the city.

...........and clamber up walls in the country.



They flourish on fences and gate posts

grow on old broken down gates.........

..........and keep watch from roofs in cities and towns.




They are VINES............and they have begun their annual climb up trees and homes, ready for the hot summer days to come.

5 comments:

  1. We have some English Ivy here in a plot and it grows up our pines and we cut it back and pull it off the trees. I feel it can hurt the trees. I saw kudzu in Alabama where my brother lives. Would not want that around here. Blessings for nice walking weather there. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those vines were cool looking hanging off the overpass and porch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of the WORST vines on this property are Virginia Creeper and the potato vine. Hard to get rid of and they take over everything in their paths.

    Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some vines are lovely. But Binder Vines are eeeeevil. -sigh-

    ReplyDelete