"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, June 27, 2020

A walk and lots of movies

The flowers in front of this house are always so pretty! Would you like to go about the city with us today?
Just step carefully..........look at this sidewalk! LOL
OOOOOPS--here's another one! MERCY!

Magnolias are now in full bloom and the crepe myrtles are starting to bloom out


Greenery tumbles down all over the walls and gates

The leaves on this one are SO BIG!



a glimpse into a secret garden........
.......and a look at my fringed hippie pocketbook! ha ha LOL
of all my "hippie chick" pocketbooks, I think this one has the longest fringe! ha ha





Let's go take a closer look at these big windowboxes





they are always beautiful and are different every year. I'm not sure if the owners take care of them of if the Window Box Ladies do them


Beads Today.......this beaded necklace was sent to me as a birthday present a few years ago

We can walk over to the Calhoun Mansion too.....

This is an amazing old mansion. Every time I walk by I remember Kirstie Alley standing up there on that balcony for a movie scene. She played the role of "Virgilia" in The North and the South t/v mini series.

I love the mosaic sidewalks out front, so pretty!



Lights are coming on in homes........it's time to go in. Maybe enjoy a good movie?

"Dinner and a movie"
Have you seen any good movies lately?
We've watched alot of old movies this spring. I think alot of them were the old Lifetime made for TV movies.   Years ago Lifetime had alot of good movies.
 I loved this old love story with Melissa Gilbert.It was good!
AMAZON.uk


Got to watching alot of old Valerie Bertinelli movies.
Taken Away, from 1989
Amazon

1984--Shattered Vows with Patricia Neal
amazon
The Promise of Love-1980, set in Vietnam era
Amazon
In a Child's Name from 1991

Cradle of Conspiracy (1994) had Danica McKeller (from Wonder Years) and Dee Wallace. Illegal baby selling ring story.
Seeds of Deception --also called "the Baby Maker"--the Doctor Cecil Jacobson story (based on a true story I think?)--1994. 

CBS

another Melissa Gilbert movie---1993--Shattered Trust. Deals with child abuse.

Both Melissa Gilbert and Valerie Bertinelli did ALOT OF good tv movies back in the day.
Wikipedia
Missing Children, 1982. Young mother's children stolen and put up for adoption. It has one of my favorite actresses-Mare Winningham, and also Polly Holliday. (remember Flo? from the t/v show Alice in the 1970s. She's the one who always said "kiss my grits!" ha ha LOL)

Missing Children is Set in the 1940's and deals with the illegal black market babies at the Tennessee Children's Home.
imdb


Also about the Tennessee Children's Home--1993.Mary Tyler Moore did a great job in this role!
msn
and finally, a fun and lighthearted little movie with Barbara Eden, also one of my favorite actresses
I loved  this cute movie!
Google
Isn't she glamorous and gorgeous?

If any of the movies you see look good to you I'm sure you can find them on your movie stations, at your libraries, or just order them from amazon maybe.
Not everybody enjoys these old movies but we do!
Hope y'all are having a good weekend! It's HOT HERE, BUT we are still venturing out for walks.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful walk... Beautiful homes and flowers.

    Oh but those bumpy sidewalks, are a "Law Suit Waiting To Happen"!!!! Eeeek! Can't imagine letting them stay this way... Whoever is responsible.

    Oh I always loved Barbara Eden! Such a sweet lady.

    We saw her and her husband, in summer theater once, and rather close up, after the performance.

    Love old films!

    Our weather has turned to rain/sprinkles/T-storms/humidity. Not nice! But it is, as it is. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVED my walk with you! Except I was not nearly as dressed up as you were! Love that top and those sandals....and I need to wear more skirts! I have them. I just forget to WEAR them!
    I am going to write down all these movies and see if I can get them on Amazon Prime. I LOVE a good movie! Thank you so much for posting these.
    We are going back to the ranch in the morning but we've had a great weekend at home.
    Those bumpy walks remind me of my front porch. Would you believe my Summer came over while we were at the ranch and did some repair work on it?? She is amazing and is so grateful to not be in a pain fog all the time now! She did get some bad news though. She has a serious problem with her nek that will require surgery ASAP - even though she is not experiencing great pain with it. Perhaps the SCS has blocked it? It's always somethingbut no one could handle it any better than she does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely walk! I found two of the movies that I thought interesting for me on you-tube. Looking forward to watching them.

    Have a lovel Sunday ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my you sure better watch where you are walking:) Always love to go on walks with you and see everything. The flowers are just beautiful everywhere but how I love those magnolia's and the one picture is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could look at flowers for hours as they give me joy. I inherited it from my mom and all four (plus their spouses) are avid gardeners also.

    I remember seeing some of those movies years ago. I wonder what I would think about them today. My favorite movie used to be The Way We Were and when I watched recently, I was disappointed. Times change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love old movies. We own a lot of DVDs so we watch them over and over. Now we are watching the first series of When Calls the Heart...from Hallmark. We have it in DVD and love it! I am crazy over your fringed bag! Very cool! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wonderful walk in your beautiful city... We love Charleston --and there's always something new to see.... I'd love to smell the Magnolia blossoms. The window boxes are gorgeous. Someone has a 'green thumb' for sure...

    We don't watch many movies --but DO watch lots of TV dramas. Right now we are watching Broadchurch (a British show)...

    I had fun with my Blog Post today... There's a battle going on between my Canon and my iPhone.... I love to get people's thoughts/reactions...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope not seen any movies lately other then Hallmark and now they are doing Christmas in July movies. Not so sure I am ready for all that! Beautiful place and flowers. Thanks for the tour around. As for what am I having done with my eyes, my lids have dropped to the point that they are covering part of the iris so I will be having that fixed. Maybe that will help me look younger!!! haha

    ReplyDelete