"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Birthday-anniversary Roses

2 dozen red roses from Mr. Front Porch for our anniversary. I enjoyed them so much!
So....each year on my birthday, I mark the occasion by going out somewhere to make pictures with my beloved sign. Mr. Front Porch made me this sign many years ago. It's a simple sign on a board but it means the world to me because he made it for me and it has a quote from one of my all time favorite movies on it---"it's a wonderful life", from the movie of the same title. Plus....it's just my personal phrase I live by--it truly IS A wonderful life we are given and we need to enjoy it and make the most of it. I surely try my best to.

So after our hot sweaty day wandering around the "Stone Kingdom" from the previous post....we came home and showered and got clean and put on fresh clothes. I surely needed it! LOL!
My sign has been ALL OVER with us. It has been photographed on the city sidewalks, in parks, in the ocean, by statues, on the beaches, in gardens and all over. It's been in trees and I've stood in creeks fully clothed getting soaked holding my sign!---ha ha LOL
 Last year I think it was in a park by a fountain. I never really pick a place beforehand.....we just go....and we wing it. LOL A place always pops up and we go with it. 
This year, it was once again out on the streets. We spotted this lawn and made pictures here in front of this big old tree.



As we walked, we placed in in different locations. I don't know why---but this is such fun to me! LOL


this lovely old Victorian house had some lovely pink blooms out front which I stopped to admire and make pictures of. Hibiscus, right?


someone left a book on a park bench


and I posed by the fountain in one of my favorite little parks---see who joined me? LOL (yep, that Tansy will sneak in any time she gets a chance!LOL)

flowers gone wild. There were pretty purple foxgloves here last year. I haven't seen any this year.


a pretty birthday card I got.....we have all these birds visit our feeders so I loved this card


cards greetings, and gift cards! Yay!

my card from our kitty, Beckie
I had a delicious steak and baked "tater" supper and yummy coconut birthday cake all lit up with flames. Good thing he didn't put the "correct" number of candles on it.....would've burned everything down for sure, LOL! ha ha
"Dinner and a movie"
We watched this movie last night and it was SO GOOD! I loved it and would highly recommend it. It had Della Reese and Meredith Baxter and I think it was from 1997 maybe. Not sure why I'd never heard of it before but glad I found it.
I'm sure you can find it on your movie stations, or just order it from amazon.
google

google
Hope your Saturday is going great! I will be around to visit with y'all later this evening.
Take care and stay safe!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Debbi. I loved the pictures. Glad you had such a wonderful day. Blessings, Stay safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a wonderful celebration with all the pictures and the sign and two dozen beautiful red roses:) Wish you many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am reading this on sunday...it is a beautiful day here and i am sitting by the pool!!! i love your sign, it suits you very well!!!

    it seems like it was both your anniversary and birthday??? i'm not sure??

    i am going to search netflix for that movie, it sounds like it is something i would like!! happy birthday debbi, i hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love, love, LOVE, LoVe, LOVE the way you celebrate your birthday!!!
    No wonder that sign is so special to you! I can't believe I haven't seen it before! Well, maybe I have and forgot.....that happens more and more often!
    Happy BIRTHDAY to you, Sweet Debbi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, it is a wonderful life! Love the sign and it goes with EVERYTHING! You truly know how to celebrate a birthday. I've never heard of that movie, now you have me curious, we'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Debbi!! Love your sense of style and fun...and I look forward to reading your blog every chance. <3

    ReplyDelete