"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, February 3, 2018

My girl Gypsy

Yesterday we lost our sweet Gypsy, my best friend and faithful companion for the past almost 16 years. Right now I am in such grief that I cannot even post a picture of her, but she has been in many posts over the years. I posted pictures of us just a few days ago out walking. Little did I know this would be our very last walk together.  She was sick, and we had just come from the vet. Our walk was short, maybe a block, but she sure enjoyed it and stopped to sniff a pot of pansies that intrigued her, along with other interesting things.
I stroked her long silky black fur and her floppy ears, and I was very happy that day, because the vet thought it wasn't anything serious. I was so relieved to hear that, as she was elderly and I kept a close watch on her health.
It wasn't meant to be and her health rapidly deteriorated this past week. I can't believe how fast the end came and I sure wasn't ready to say good-bye, that is for sure. 
I may or may not be posting for a bit, taking a break. I'll be reading though, as it takes my mind off it. I may not feel like commenting but I'll try to be back soon.
Please hug and pet your doggies and kitties today, in memory of my beloved Gypsy. The time just slips away.
Prayers are so appreciated. Thank  you my friends.

12 comments:

  1. Love, (((((Debbi))))) & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Our pets are very dear to us and will greatly be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-I am so sorry, Debbi. It is so hard to lose a treasured pet. They are like family to those of us that love pets. After I lost my last one I just couldn't bear to go through it again.

    The only consolation is that now your sweet Gypsy is able to run free and not experience any pain. She has crossed that Rainbow Bridge to the other side. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbi, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach upon reading about your loss of sweet Gypsy. I know when I lost my little Yorkie I couldn't post about it for months. It is so very very hard to lose our beloved pets, and most of us have experienced that great loss that only time, and prayer, can heal. Please know that I am thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer my dear friend.
    Sending hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Debbie. I know that pain. No matter how many years we are blessed with our pets, it is never enough. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Debbi - my heart is aching for you. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbi, As I read your words of grief I'm filled with sadness for you. I have long believed that animals named Gypsy fill a special place in our hearts and no matter how long they live, when they are gone it is too soon. Your sweet Gypsy had a home with loads of love and for that she can be grateful. It sounds as though she gave as good as she got and for that, you can be grateful too. I can tell you the pain will ease. And that your Gypsy will always and forever hold a most special place in your broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you lost Gypsy...I also know that pain. They are with us for such a short time. They are a huge part of our families and the hole when they are gone is huge. May your memories bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Debbi, I am just now reading your post. My heart breaks for you, it is such a loss. You and Gypsy were both fortunate to have each other. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Debbi, I'm so very very sorry that you lost your dear Gypsy! I guess you know that I understand how hard this is. The days ahead will be very hard. Everywhere you look she is there. There's not a lot that helps, is there? Not really. I wish I could help, could say something that would help. I'll be thinking of you, holding you in my heart. Try to take care of yourself and don't feel guilty about whatever distractions help. Or not help really, just get you through some of the bad times. I wasted a lot of time the first couple of weeks sitting numbly watching episode after episode of Law and Order, couldn't watch anything happy.

    For myself, I choose to believe that I'll see mine again because I believe all things beautiful are in heaven.

    Love to you,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel so sad for you! I know nothing helps right now but I'm sending you lots of sweet hugs. I hope you have good weather this weekend so that you can get out for a walk. Your friend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I also have gone through the lost of a wonderful companion. I didn’t think the pain would ever go away
    I sometimes after 7 years still cry.
    I don’t know why it’s so hard when we loose our beloved pets
    Maybe peace come to you soon

    ReplyDelete