"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, September 22, 2017

The Long Hot Summer

Can y'all believe FALL IS HERE!?
It was such a nice summer, even though it was hot!



There were many adventures awaiting....


and pretty sights to see.




bright and happy flowers




....summer breezes.
We ate dozens of hot summer  night suppers here on the breezy Battery!


I photographed dozens of birds...



and drank lots of iced coffee!


There were many beautiful porches to see.....

and fun things in gardens!

We explored many nooks, crannies, and alleys!


We said good-bye to Glen Campbell



and found ways to cool down!



We grew roses.............


and sunflowers!
....AND LOTS OF TOMATOES!

I also made friends with lots and lots of gorgeous dogs!



We watched alot of good shows on t/v this summer:


--I was so sad they cancelled Cedar Cove---I loved this show!--

I loved this dog act on "America's Got Talent"






And I really loved the Anne series!
I sure hope there is a Season Two!!?







We ate here---ALOT! They have great iced tea on sweltering summer days! And yummy frozen lemonades!





And tried some new things:


(here I am at Cirque Du Soleil)


That was such a fun, fun evening! So entertaining!
....and we walked, and we walked, and we walked--all over our city. Bright days, dark nights, through the rain and in the high heat. We had to stop in August for a couple of weeks, when the heat reached it's highest, even during the evenings.  I was so glad when we were able to resume.


It's in the 90's here this week so even though the calendar says "Fall"--it still feels like summer here.

Thank you for reading---it was so fun to share our Charleston summer with you! Welcome, Fall! And new adventures!

5 comments:

  1. Coolin' down and strollin' the town---quite the little travelogue you've got going here, and the Chamber of Commerce doesn't know what it's missing.

    What a lovely catalog of the delights of your SO delightful home. Sis and BIL are there for a few days, en route to Maine, and have changed their route to accommodate weather conditions.

    THey're in their house-on-wheels, seeing the world!

    Happy AUTUMN!!

    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful photos Debbi! You had a great summer and so did I, but I'm really ready for some cooler temps. Oh and I hope there will be a second season for Anne too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, you win the prize for most fun summer! I love your enthusiasm about life in your gorgeous city and it does show in the photographs you take, from buildings to gardens to dogs on parade. I do think you have a leg up on most of us simply by living in such a fascinating city but I also have a feeling you would have fun and be enthusiastic even if you lived in Podunk, USA--I wonder, is there a Podunk? Must google that.

    Looking forward to Autumn 2017 in your Lady by the sea town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbi, I think I missed something! A first season of Anne? What channel was it on?
    Happy Fall!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. summer was wonderful but i am so happy fall is here - although it doesn't feel much like fall. i think august was cooler!!

    you, my friend, did have a lot of fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete