"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, September 8, 2017

It's a Birthday!

Today is "Mr. Front Porch's" birthday. 
We celebrated with a nice carriage ride around the city. The weather was so much better than it has been.....the temperature and the humidity have dropped to the 80s.....so refreshing! So it was a beautiful evening for it.


I always like to photograph this vine covered building on the way to the barns


.....and away we go!




Today's beads--old black beads (Granddaughter calls them "black pearls"--so we'll go with that one, okay? LOL), one of  my story lockets, which you can't see in this picture, and my gold leaf necklace  my Mom brought me from a trip out West.

I get my necklace out every September and wear it until the Holidays arrive




the ceiling at the horse barn

Taking care of the beautiful horses and mules. See those big fans they keep on them to cool them down on hot days.







yes, my pony has a dress on! LOL
She also has hot pink beads on!--a very well dressed pony! ha ha








and on to supper!----he wanted Melvin's BBQ! It's so good!




their sauce is amazing!

A very fun and casual place to eat! We love their food!

Plenty of sweet tea here!




Macaroni and Cheese, one of their HUGE ONION RINGS, and bottom right- "tater" salad

ring bell when  you leave. 



Presents and frivolity ensued ha ha ha LOL



Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband!

5 comments:

  1. So many pretty photos! I love the vine covered building too.
    I'm staying put during the storm. A little worried about my daughter and grandkids in Orlando, but we decided it's too dangerous for them to get on that crowded turnpike and interstate. At least none of us are too close to the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Mister and what a fun day that must have been! Highly original! Makes me want to rethink birthday celebrations because I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee, Girl!! You sure know how to celebrate!! What a fun evening. All the horses and the tour and such fabulous company and food---and CAKE.

    I can tell it was a marvelous birthday---add my felicitations and congratulations to that long list.

    I'm absolutely entranced by the ivied building---we've cut our ivy back for the first time this Summer---we'd had mosquitoes on the patio, and could not understand it---no standing water or containers or anywhere for them to be, and I read recently that they love sheltering in the ivy during the hot days. So it's close-clipped as our lawn crew could make it, and I hate that, for we planted six little sprigs from a friend's lawn when they down-sized many years ago, and it now covers most of the back lawn here.

    My real thought, though, is the glimpse of the two tail-coated footmen in the window---absolutely perfect for standing guard one-at-each-guest's chair at a long-ago formal dinner. It's still light, so I imagine they're just sitting down, or perhaps just about to "go through." Don't say mannequins or a costume shop or not so---let me have this one. It so reminded me of this wonderful evening in England.

    http://lawntea.blogspot.com/2009/03/enchanted-evening.html

    r

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds very cool -- a perfect celebration filled with people who love each other and in a beautiful spot! Happy birthday to him.

    I've been worried about you with Irma. I know they are still predicting bad winds and surges in Savannah and maybe Charleston even though the hurricane itself seems to be moving a different direction. Please be careful and if you need to go somewhere, please go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Mr Front Porch! Looks like a great celebration! Happy pictures! The BBQ must be good since its been around since '39...wow! My daughter would have the banana pudding, it's her favorite....I should be a good mama and make her some ❤

    ReplyDelete