"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, May 14, 2020

songs from long ago

Old songs bring old memories....
I found a bunch of these old Floyd Cramer records at the thrift store back in January! I didn't think I would like them....but I do! LOL I remember dancing around my Ma-Maw's house with her to some of these lively old songs! Soon as I heard it, I remembered it.






Nice old songs by Bread and the Carpenters. Julie do ya love me?---wasn't that Bobby Sherman?

Old albums are generally in GREAT SHAPE!--and all of the ones we've bought play just fine. I check for bad scratches before we purchase. The album COVERS can sometimes be nasty and/or torn up, (I've thrown quite a few away) but the albums themselves I just wipe with a bleach wipe and they are fine.
Lots of fun songs on this one! We play this one alot:




I remember singing along to "me and you and a dog named Boo"





I got this one below because I thought it might be pretty, relaxing, background music for reading, etc.
Anyone remember Georgy Girl??
So many fun "sing along" songs---like "Turn Turn Turn, and Red Rubber Ball!"





Anyone remember this old movie, Sunshine? About the young woman dying from cancer?It was back in the 1970s.
I remember the movie was full of John Denver songs. 
The little girl who played their daughter, Jill--I think that was Lindsey/Sidney Greenbush (twins) who went on to play the part of "Carrie" in Little House on the Prairie.
I never knew there was an album! I knew there was a book. I haven't listened to it yet.
Remember the COKE commercials?? LOL
I loved the "old fashioned love song" by Three Dog Night!
Anyone remember these old songs? We sang "Kum Ba Yah" (with all the hand motions) every night around glowing campfires at Girl Scout camp! We camped summer and winter, indoors and out. Small tents, sleep on floor, large open air tents, sleep on cots. Winter camping in dormitories  and sleeping in bunks. We camped in fields  and at established camps, it was all fun. The best of all though was SUMMER CAMP, it was almost 2 weeks long and so fun. We earned lots of badges on the camping trips. (and we were so proud of them!)

"I"d like to build the world a home
and furnish it with love.
I'd like to teach the world to sing,
in perfect harmony
grow apple trees and honey bees
and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony....
I'd like to buy the world
A COKE!, and keep it company."
anyone remember the song on the commercial?
Gosh, nothing tops an ice cold GLASS BOTTLE of Co-Cola!! LOL

7 comments:

  1. I have boxes of vinyl records in my basement but haven’t looked at them for years. A couple of my children want them but are OK with me storing them for right now.

    I always loved the Coke song. If only......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Floyd Cramer! He could sure tinkle those ivories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have all of chucks old vinyl records in our basement, no turntable to play them on!! billy joel, bruce springsteen, elo, queen....that was the music i listened to in high school. i think we had different taste in music!!

    i do not remember the movie sunshine, i was in 8th grade and hs in the 70's!! i do remember the coke song very well...does that mean i am old???

    this was a fun post, i had not thought about vinyl in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floyd Cramer lived near us when I was growing up! And he was a very nice man, his wife a sweet lady. We did a lot of home improvement work for them over the years and they were so pleasant to work for.

    I love that Coke song! Did you happen to watch the Mad Men series? It was used to end the whole series on the finale! Oh yes, Kum ba yah at both church camp and Girl Scout camp. How I wish RH and I had kept our vinyl records and stereo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I'm wondering which one of these songs will stick in my head....oh I know! Me and you and a dog named Boo! heeheehee! I loved playing records. We used to take our record player outside under a shade tree and play it....and dance! What fun! These old love songs sure bring back memories. Everyone loved playing records...my mother and Grandmother too! Take care and enjoy your evening! Save me a dance! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - The first LP Vynl Record that I ever played belonged to my Mother- it was the Australian 'Seekers'- with Judith Duhram...just fabulous! That must have been 1960s. Great Memories. Regards.KEV. (Sydney Australia).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my -- everyone looked so young! My first LP was the soundtrack to the Kind and I. What a fun, memory-inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete