"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

ship will come in.....

there's a huge ship arriving y'all, and I'm taking you with us to see it

 This is the Euphony Ace. She was built in Japan in 2005 and is owned by a company in Japan. She flies under the Panama flag though.

 Euphony Ace is a vehicles carrier and is arriving in Charleston to pick up a load of cars. (we think Volvo-the plant is near here)


 She left Hiroshima, Japan, in May, and has stopped at several ports along the journey including New York, Dundalk, Mazatlan in Mexico, and Yokohama in Japan.








See how she was lengthwise in the first photo.....now she is beginning to be turned
Turning, turning some more........
the bright red tugboat is working hard!!

Soot black smoke belches out the pipes as little tugboat TURNS this huge heavy ship around.....



Turning it, lining it up.........and then backing it up and into place.

Look closely near the top of this picture, and near the middle--see that little speck of orange?
Those are people up there! LOL




This huge and heavy boat literally creaks and groans as she is pushed into place. I knew these things were big, but you don't really realize how big and tall they are until you stand beside one.







The men on the side stand ready with the ropes. Look how huge those ropes are!



And down the big ropes go! Don't know if these men are called rope men or cable men or anchor men or what.


 As she leaves the city of Charleston, she is now bound for the port of Koper, which is somewhere in Slovenia, and the top container terminal of the Adriatic.(not sure, but think this is somewhere near Croatia?) It's also the only port in Slovenia and they import well over 700,000 cars there a year. Sailing at about 14 knots, she will arrive there in about 16 days.

it was another hot summer day, but the evening brought some balmy and welcome breezes for our walk over to watch this boat come in.


my "arm candy" for today--my pink and blue "marble bracelets" LOL
Dinner and a Movie:
Tonight it's PIZZA....YAY! with mushrooms and onions and extra cheese. (my side anyway--Mr. Front Porch likes lots of meats on his side like pepperoni and hamburger etc.)

Tonight's movie is:
Small Sacrifices with Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O Neal. (1989)
imdb
Crime drama based on the true Diane Downs trial.
 Farrah did an amazing job in this movie. I think she was so under rated as an actress because of the whole Charlies Angels thing, I think she was such a great actress and she is so missed.
imdb
I didn't know about this case at ALL, when it was public...so this movie had me on the edge of my seat! it sure had a surprise twist at the end.
How is your week going so far? Have you watched any good movies?
......and what do YOU LIKE on your pizza?!

8 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! That ship is HUGE!! That little tug actually PUSHES that big ship?!?!? I never knew tug boats did that! I love your bracelets.. Such pretty colors!..The pizza sounds delicious. As for what I like, I like ANYTHING on it as long as it's pizza..LOL... I have never heard of this movie before. I'm not a bog TV watcher but I may look this one up. Thanks for the recommendation!... It's so hot here by Myrtle Beach we haven't been doing a lot. Just too hot and humid for my body to handle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking about watching such a huge vessel, gives me a lump in my throat. S-c-a-r-y. Guess I am easily spooked, by really, really, really big things!

    I like sausage and black olives on my pizza. We order it with sausage and I put my own black olives on it. -smile-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi, I called Ted in to see your post today. I wanted him to see the little tug boat dock that huge ship. He loved it. It was a great post. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbi, I am new to your blog, thank you for sharing this huge boat. I like cheese, mushrooms and black olives on my pizza. Haven't watched any movies recently, I am not a big movie watcher, reading is more my style. I am down here in Florida so I know all about humid, balmy, hot summers. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that ship is HUGE!! Never imagined one so big. Never thought about them having to ship cars before. Cheese, mushrooms and olives and hamburger on my pizza please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Debbi. It has been way too long since I commented on your blog. That huge ship is beyond amazing. It must have been something to see in person. It was good to hear from you today, on my blog. Thank you. I do love pizza. My favorite is lots of pepperoni and cheese. My husband only eats pizza occasionally so I don't get it often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one BIG boat! haha...I saw them that big on the Panama Canal, they were carrying shipping containers. Those containers were stacked on top of each other, five and six at a time, making that boat seem so much taller. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an all inspiring event to watch that ship. those little tiny orange flecks were men, wow!! we just last night watched the news program (20/20 or dateline) which featured this story and talked about the movie, which i think i have seen. it is a horrible story and she is a horrible woman. she has been up for parole twice, and twice declined. she is coming up again, i hope the outcome is the same. her sentence was life + 50 years, how can she possibly be illegible for parole, it just doesn't seem right!!

    onions, peppers and sausage. or white pizza, i favor white pizza!!

    ReplyDelete