"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, July 6, 2020

Let Freedom Ring

The blog dogs, Tammie Jayne and Bindie Jolene say "how was your 4th of July?"

I hope your 4th of July was great!
Ours had summer flowers:

(yay, it's sunflower time!)


Buntings galore





Pretty clouds and plenty of FLAGS!
Also present were hot cheeseburgers:
a big white onion:

arm candy for the 4th! LOL

and a new skirt in red white and blue!


corn on the cob was also enjoyed!*****************************************
Today was Sunday, and a pretty day for a walk.

So we headed out. I'm so tickled with my pretty new white summer pocketbook--I took it out to make pictures to show you!
She's a vintage one, and I was so happy to find one.





an old mailbox:





Lots of people out and about:









awwww look at this little cutie carrying her tiger!
I spotted this and zoomed in closer for a better look:




the thick layers of patina on this old pole are so thick

a peek into this peaceful courtyard:
There is a fountain in here that makes a lovely splashing sound
another old mailbox:



I just love the way they do their pretty flower pots here!

I love this yard too!










and we had a beautiful sunset.......
I finished two books this week:
I didn't care for the first one. The Cracker Queen one was pretty funny. Kind of like the Sweet Potato Queens books by Jill Conner Browne if you are familiar with them.
And we have pink snow in Charleston---
see it?

Tiny blossoms from the crepe myrtle trees are softly dropping  pink confetti.
Hope your holiday weekend was nice, I'm on my way to come visit with y'all now........

10 comments:

  1. Your photographs were so summery and Fourth of July festive. Your pups are even decked out for the holiday and looking for fun. My crepe myrtles haven't started blooming here in Missouri yet. They usually are blooming a day or two before the Fourth of July, but this year that is not happening. They are a bush variety and when they bloom in July, the blooms stay pretty until September or later. It's always fun to come along with you on your walks in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute your dogs look:) Always fun to go on walks with you and so many pretty sights but that greenery archway was spectacular! Also love the flag hanging way up high. The corn on the cob made my mouth water:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to using my white purse in summer. Of course, it is put away after Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in such a beautiful city!!!! Your walks are a Joy, to follow along with you!

    Love your outfit again. Are those cotton pants? I can wear cotton pants but can not *stand* the *feel* of leggins/tights. -sigh- So can't wear tunics. And there are so many cute ones, like yours.

    Oh I remember bags like that one, which you found. -smile-

    Belated Happy 4th of July!!!!! 💚

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your cute clothes and pretty jewelry. Would you let me borrow things like a real sister if we lived close? heehee! Love that little girl with her tiger. And when I walked in our neighborhood one evening, the street was filled with white crepe myrtle blossoms. It was beautiful! And yes...our roof is all finished! YAY! It took all of ONE WEEK but it's done now! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbi, Great pictures. It's sad when the blossoms fall from the trees...but it makes such a beautiful walkway. Fairy tale like. Love the white straw purse. That's summertime. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that corn looks amazing...how in the world do you get the butter to stick to it like that?? we have the buntings, the flags and the red, white and blue spirit. it looks like you do too!!

    i really love crepe myrtle, it is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics...I love mailboxes but I tend to catch them when they are all personalized and made to be cool. I have a whole album of ones I have found. Nothing better then a homemade burger with onion on it. Better with that said onion. And that corn....YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE this post! Everything about from your cute outfits and that sweet 'pocketbook' - I LOVE that word!!! And I LOVE getting to people watch with you.
    I am intrigued with the Cracker Queen book. I did read some of the Sweet Potato Queens books.....I was going through my divorce and my neighbor brought one over and said, "This may not be your kind of book but it WILL make you laugh! READ IT!" and I did. Remember the part about a pork chop? With that white strip of fat around it? How it was ugly until you fried that baby up and that fat was all brown and good looking! The moral of the story was tanned fat looks better than white fat! Its true, too. Might not be good for the skin but it's true that it looks better!!
    And your food looked amazing!!!!! Remember that time you made 5 pounds of potato salad and I asked you if you had a party?? No, you said. Just the two of you and ya'll love potato salad! Us, too!
    Okay! This has been a super fun visit! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bunting is so cheerful and the food looks fabulous -- especially the corn. It looks like a grand holiday!

    ReplyDelete