"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, July 18, 2020

new pocketbook







hot bricks........full of a long day of summer's heat

It's awful hot here.....we'll go for a short walk this time........maybe I can find something interesting to show you y'all......


love the unusual windows here. Yes, someone lives here


my new pocketbook, got it at the thrift store! Brought it home and straight into the washing machine it went, LOL. I told it "if you make it through the washing machine, I'll keep you and use you" ha ha LOL. It made it just fine, clean and sanitized. LOL
Today's "arm candy"--my "marble bracelets". LOL


Love these green shutters!!

This is an old church...think of all the baptisms, funerals, Easters, weddings..........


BEADS today: some old green and brown beads which I probably bought at wal mart 20 years ago! LOL and some sparkly black beads

my pocketbook straps:
I am enjoying them so much! I love embroidery

It's now 100% a hippie chick pocketbook! ha ha LOL
Dinner and a Movie:
imdb
Corn dogs and "tater salad". Not homemade--store bought--but still pretty good! LOL
Sometimes I just gotta have a good old fashioned corn dog, or two! With mustard. LOL
The movie was "A Secret Life" (2015) and had Parker Stevenson and Haylie Duff. Sarah and Jason live in a big lakeside house in Big Bear, California with their little boy. Her husband suddenly totally disappears and she finds out he's been hiding a big secret. For a long time.
It was a good movie, I liked it!
How bout you?--have you found anything good at the thrift stores lately?

7 comments:

  1. I love doors and windows. I once thought I would do a series of pics on that but it is really hard when you are driving to stop and take good pics of folks doors!!! So I sort stuck with mailboxes. I have such a wide range of creative mailboxes! Great shots. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, I love that green also. You seem to always find interesting sights in your city. Honey, it's terrible hot here too. Can't even sit on the porch too long. I want a slight cool down myself. Ted was outside and walking around early this morning, trying to get his 30 minutes done. Blessings, stay cool and stay safe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been to the goodwill since the outbreak of the virus. Love those odd shaped windows, you always find something of interest and those green shutters against that red brick was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be very hot there. I'm amazed that you get out to walk at all, but glad you do, to share your pics.

    I don't thrift, so I am not missing anything, with "Staying Home." ~smile~

    Parker Stevenson!!!! MY, I have not seen that name in a long time!!!! He was in "The Hardy Boys" on tv, a million years ago!!!!! With Shawn Cassidy, I think. Ever see that tv show? Our daughter was "in love with" Shawn Cassidy, so we watched the show. ~smile~

    Didn't know he was still acting. A fun memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new purse is always fun, especially one so bright and colorful! And I loved those glorious windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've been here before. ~grin~

    But have a new (today) Sig. Line.

    And wanted to leave it here.

    To keep cool,
    think Ice Cream!
    🍦😋 🍧

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been at thrift stores in a long time except to drop things off. lol I am 'cleaning house' and purging things. Still have all my dishes though and my fabrics. sigh...that will be the next step.

    Love the hippie purse! It's fun. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete