"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, July 12, 2020

a hot summer walk

Well, it just keeps getting hotter and hotter here.............so the walks are getting slower for sure. Heat index the past few days up to close to 108. We don't venture too far but at least we are walking every day--at least a little.
This scene looks nice and cool, doesn't it?

Peeking into pretty gardens.......




Enjoying pretty flowers, gardens, and gates.

Here's a pretty little water feature:


Lovely stature hiding out in the greenery


Dinner and a Movie:

Lemon Chicken with angel hair pasta in a lemony creamy sauce-tossed with parsley, peppers, mushrooms and onions. It takes awhile as I marinate the chicken overnight in lemon juice and then you bake it and also prepare the pasta--but it's worth it. LOL


Tonight's movie was "Payback" (1997) with Mary Tyler Moore as a 4 Star restaurant owner who witnesses police brutality late at night outside her restaurant. The corrupt officer she is called to testify against, and who has a long history of police brutality, vows revenge on her. He makes her life miserable and full of fear and even attacks her husband and her adult son. Ed Asner stars as the Internal Affairs lieutenant in the police department  who handles the case.
It was a good movie and I liked it.
Mary Tyler Moore, what a classy lady.

I started this book this week, so far it's really good! Set in the 1940s, my favorite era for movies and one of my favorite eras for books. Anyone read it?
Hope your weekend is going well and everyone IS STAYING COOL!!!

4 comments:

  1. I commend you to tackle the heat and so glad you take us with you. It is true the picture look cool and comfortable with the green, and water. Love that little statue in the greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, for walking, even a little bit!

    That dinner looks delicious, but how do you bake it, in your hot weather?

    Thank you for the possible book suggestion. I always love to find, reading suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbi I am staying cool...I am staying IN! haha...I went out in the yard a copy of times yesterday and the sun hurt my eyes so much that I have decided I don't need to be going out at all. Love the pics. Such a cool place to walk around and see others gardens and stuff. Do you have a garden? I used to have beds here and there all over the other yard, this yr however it has been cut down a bit. I figure it will grow in the next couple of yrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That did look like a cool shady area for walking. I liked seeing all of the interesting planters and plants and various water features.

    ReplyDelete