"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Lion King Weekend

Mr. Front Porch and I eat our supper at the Battery at least a time or two or three a week! We love to eat by the water and watch the birds swooping in for their suppers as well.  We like to watch the pelicans dive.

Sometimes we bring supper from home, this evening we went through a drive-thru for a Big Mac and fries! LOL




You just never know what you might see.........always something interesting! You could tell this dog had been for many boat rides, he was perched up there and loving it!



Here is one of our harbor sightseeing cruise boats:

Well, you just never know what might float on by...........LOL! This is a tiki bar that floats I guess.


bikes awaiting riders
Oh we have a ship in today!! Wonder which one it is?
Looks like the Sea Princess. She was built in 1998. She's 856 feet long and has a crew of about 900 people. 
She travels literally all around the world: Spain, Egypt, Holland, Suez Canal, Panama Canal, Dubai, Denmark, Holland, Russia, England, Sweden, and so many more!
I like to look at all the ships that come into our port. So many different ones and I love to see where all they have been, and where they are heading out to.
I made a picture of this nice pretty green lawn and spied this---surely one of the last magnolias of this summer! See it way over there on the right?




People enjoying the summer breezes and making lots of pictures!
"Smile!!"





This happy dog is ready for adventure!

While driving, we saw these dogs making friends with each other.

Crepe myrtles in full bloom here in July
and so are the bright orange cannas.
Little fairy granddaughter is spending the night with us tonight.....
LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES!

Look at this little cutie.....oh HE IS ADORABLE!! (and he talks!)

Well I can't hardly resist pretty sparkly rings! LOL, this is my  blue ring I got this summer:

Theaters always have pretty carpets!

Icee machine is up and running! Oh, how I love the Icees! do you? What is your favorite flavor?

WHY does movie theater popcorn TASTE SO MUCH BETTER!? lol





Blue icee on the left and Pepsi icee on the right! (mine!---YUM!)

We stopped at the dollar store on the way to the movie house and got a a small sack of things to play with while waiting for the movie to begin---a clear child-size pocketbook and a  bunch of clear flavored "lipsticks". Like her Ma-Maw----she loves her "lipsticks". LOL
That little pink swan/flamingo one opens up on the bottom and has lip gloss in it, so cute!


yes, the Annies love to go to the movies! LOL

I gave her this little book, it's cute and at her reading level. She now loves to read to me! LOL But of course she still loves to be read to as well.
I make sure she has all the classics....but there are so many adorable children's books these days!

We also enjoyed looking at this book....it has such beautiful pictures of mermaids, princesses, princes, fairies etc. I make up silly stories to go with the pictures as we go along and some of the pages did have pretty poems, a few I actually remembered from my own childhood. 





Aren't these pretty pictures?








the next day granddaughter went home and it was time for:
***Saturday Salads***
Mr. Front Porch and I had both been craving a big fresh summer salad! Here's one of my favorite big bowls:
I love big pretty bowls.....but they are so hard to store!
Here's another bowl I love!
It has a flower on the inside too:
I got both of these at the thrift store. I always find big beautiful bowls at the thrift shops!
Chopping up all the goodies!
I make my base of salads of plain chopped iceberg lettuce....then I go from there. I add radicchio, red leaf lettuce, cauliflower, romaine, and kale if I have it. (I didn't this time)
We add red peppers, mushrooms, carrots,and black olives. I forgot broccoli but if we have it, I chop up some of that too. Radishes are good too.


Here it is right before I tossed it all up! On top of all that, we put grated parmesan, cheddar cheese, more croutons, bacon bits, chopped walnuts, and mine got onions as well.
We watched a movie called "Becoming Jane". I think it was from 2007 or so.
Netflix
then we watched:
Netflix
I liked the first one but I thought the second one was pretty boring. LOL Sunday morning scenes:










I love to add different ribbons and flowers to match whatever I am wearing that day


Granddaughter calls these my "green pearls"


The print of my skirt. So far I've found 3 pretty skirts at the thrift stores this summer. This one is purple with lime green and teal flowers and leaves on it.

It has white polka dots and big bright blooms!
******************************************************
"I never been to Charleston but when she talked, it came alive in my head. She said the bells from the churches on Sunday morning called to one another like mockingbirds for a full thirty minutes before services."......Deb Spera
******************************************************



I do love our old churches in our city. They don't build modern ones like this anymore


the Basket Ladies have their beautiful baskets displayed, ready for you to choose your favorite!



Quiet sun dappled streets awaken and show off their pretty window boxes that have vines and blossoms tumbling down.









my new summer hat
Museums, restaurants, art galleries beckon us to come visit, eat, enjoy, and make pictures!



.........and there are lots of pretty things to buy.
I love summer weekends.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi. So much to see and do in your city. I love that your husband and you go eat by the water, just to enjoy the atmosphere with your dinner. Your little grandgirl carrying her Annies to the theater put a smile on my face. She's adorable. I liked seeing all your pictures. So nice you shop thrift and get such pretty things. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-That is a lot of content- so much to see there! What fun to follow you around and see it through your eyes. Love that you got to take your little grandgirl to the movies!
    Great minds think alike- I just ordered Enchanted Childhood!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A full week-end with lots and lots of pictures, what could be better. Love that little books and the fact that you are encouraging her to read. Wished I could have smelled that Magnolia:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is nothing quite as good as a big mac and fries, nothing, not even filet mignon!! i feel ashamed when i eat it, because it is labeled as junk food, so i try not to eat it too often!! i like to pack a picnic and we go to the inlet and eat!!

    i was not wild about lion king, i wanted to love it but i was disappointed with the scare factor in it. for a children's movie, i did not think that was necessary!!

    lot's of pictures today, i loved the hats and the baskets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful walks and all sorts of fun and movies. Great idea about going to the dollar store to pick up things to occupy the little one while waiting.

    What did you think about Lion King? I loved the animated and film so much I wasn't sure about this one where they all look so real.

    ReplyDelete