"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Monday, August 19, 2019

Here comes Loretta

Well, let's grab our pocketbooks and cameras and go for a walk on this summer evening!


I'm real glad to have you along and I'll try to find some pretty things to show y'all! Like this big pretty gate:

and this lovely gate in the brick arch:
Pretty flowers overflowing in these windowboxes!



A pretty path leading around back


Oh that's pretty....I'm definetly taking a picture of that!

I love pretty things in windows! Charleston has more interesting things in windows than any place I've ever seen. I've come across windowsills full of books, toys, bottles, vases, bowls, plants, statues, feathers, dolphins, dolls, paintings, rocks, model ships, seashells, and many other things.

beautiful splashing fountain

From down on the street I looked high up into this window. I asked Mr. Front Porch what he thought it was. To me it looked like a crab!
.....after getting inside and downloading my zoomed in pictures----It actually looks like a princess on a horse? Or a knight beside a horse? Maybe it is a crab...... LOL.What does it look like to you??

Whose that down there?
...........yep, here she comes.......one of my little kitty-cat friends. I don't know why they all come to me, acting like they know me. Mr. Front Porch says I am a "cat magnet". ha ha LOL
Meowing as she hurries to greet me.....
This is Loretta. She's such a sweet girl. She's not a street kitty. She sports a pretty collar and a tag and looks well taken of.
she had her back to me.....and I was trying to get her to pose pretty for the picture! LOL

She did look over just long enough for Mr. Front Porch to snap this picture! LOL
I pulled out this really old necklace today and saw that it matched my blouse pretty well, so I put it on!
Remember when "statement necklaces" were the thing a few years back, I think it was? I still have mine. I think I have two or three.



Streetlights are coming on  and summer nightfall is here.
Streets and bricks have soaked up the heat from today's hot sun
Frogs are singing and bats are swooping up down and all around. The owls are waking up.

It's time to go back inside and sit in front of a fan... with a good book!




Oh look.......what do we have here?

If you find them, take them! I left them here for you!
So glad you came walking with us tonight! Let's go in and have a big glass of cold sweet tea!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun walk. Thanks for taking us along. So many pretty things to see,especially Loretta. She looks just like my Miss Kitty. Someone is going to be blessed to find those beautiful rocks. Have a great week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, You look so nice meeting up with your cat friend. :) So sweet of your husband yo come along and get photos. I love your city, love it. It is always so clean. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased I stopped by your blog today.
    Such a lovely post, I did enjoy seeing your photographs, thank-you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely walk with you, Debbie. The scene in the window does look like a statue of someone riding a horse. I can’t pick out if it is a man or a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What makes your pictures so special is your perspective of things. It is always a treat to get to so along. Love the old red brick. Yes I think that was a princess on a horse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you find the prettiest things to share with with. i had a few favorites, your purse, the gates and that gorgeous black fountain. the stones are such a pretty blue, i love that you left them for someone else to find. they are going to be pretty darn happy!!!

    ReplyDelete