"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Dolls in the Window


They changed out the doll display at my favorite doll shop, so I stopped to look and to make pictures.

Aren't they just gorgeous?

This must be the "princess" area....I see Elsa, and Anna, and Snow White!

Look at all the fluffy little outfits!

this one looks like Jan Brady to me!--the long blonde braids, the glasses?!

Tiny red pocketbook for an evening on the town perhaps?


Gorgeous white lace bride doll!



Those little pink sandals are adorable! They didn't have those for dolls when I was a little girl!

big yellow princess dress for Princess Belle?


Many hours of play time fun here for little girls......and little girls at heart!
Did you keep your childhood dolls?

7 comments:

  1. My youngest granddaughters are all about Barbies - not the baby dolls I would have loved. I actually only had one doll when I was a little girl. Neither I or my sisters were given dolls. Only paper dolls which we all three loved.
    I used to make dresses for Amber's Barbies and the girls asked me if I would make some for theirs. They call them 'Fat dresses.' Because they are so big ad fluffy! I thought that was funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda I grew up playing paper dolls, I ADORED Mine! I dont think hardly any little girls of these days even know what paper dolls are, LOL!! We played ours underneath the big old live oak shade tree, on an old soft quilt. Summers of the past.........long past. Sigh

      Delete
  2. I love seeing all the pretty dolls and clothes. I used to make doll clothes for my girls and for some of the grands. My girls would always want to be in the Barbie section of K-Mart when they were little.:):) You know Debbi, I miss those days...no one ever told me it would go so fast....but I always tell young parents to hang on because it will be over way too soon. Blessings to you, xopxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth"? Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the accessories..purse, sandals, and boots. The brides dress is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been right there with you in the store....ooohing and ahhhhing over everything! I love the Princess dresses and of course the Bride dress! I dressed 2 of mine in Dallas Cowboy pjs today! heehee! My mother threw all of my dolls away...well, she threw everything away. Don't ask! lol Enjoy your weekend! HOT here today! I stayed inside and played with my dolls! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, darling doll store. I gotta say, I had Barbie dolls but mostly collected horse figurines. I had such an array of horses, oh how I loved to play with those things! Then I had son's and now grandsons so not much girly dolls going on at my house. My youngest son's wife is expecting, maybe she'll have a girl.

    ReplyDelete