"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, June 29, 2018

Magnolias for Mommy





this tree looks like dozens of big white birds are in the branches!

 I spotted this one  out on one of the old plantations out in the country






What is it about the magnolias that I love so much? Is it the shiny glossy leaves? The big creamy blooms? The twisty tree branches all gnarled together?It's all that and something else....a distant memory of a sweltering summer day long ago and far away. My Mommy snuggled up right next to a huge bloom and said "these beautiful blooms are bigger than dinner plates!"---as my Daddy snapped the photograph on the Brownie camera.
Happy Birthday Mommy!

4 comments:

  1. Debbi, The magnolia blooms make you think of your mother and lilacs make me think of mine. I love those trees, I like seeing the shiny leaves. My daughter Kathy and I visited two plantations while we were in Charleston. Beautiful grounds. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. Love Magnolia's, they don't grow here but I have seen them and they are beautiful and smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the large magnolia tree that was in my back yard when I lived in Wakefield. Here at the apartments, we have these dinky little things that call themselves magnolias but I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Wish there was a smell button! My neighbor has a tree and she brings me a big bloom every year. When I first moved into this house I wanted to plant a magnolia tree. My then husband refused saying they grow too slowly. I’ve been here 51 years now. Wish I had planted one.

    ReplyDelete