"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Last of September

 September is flying right on by!


I love this picture below, from my John Sloane country calendar.
John Sloane


Headed to church, the last Sunday before Labor Day.

That's my peacock dress, Fun to wear!

One last day to wear white summer shoes, carry white pocketbooks, and white pants. Yes, I still do the old fashioned southern lady traditions. LOL.
The September skies have been brilliant BLUE








And the stores now have buckets and bins of these pretty Fall things:





the sweet little hummingbirds will soon be flying far far away, on their long journey. I love watching them all summer, and will sure miss them. I've been making extra nectar for them, and they are slurping it down so quickly I can barely keep up! They are preparing for a long flight.

The butterflies are soaring and swooping all over, there are so many different kinds, and I have no idea what most of them are. 

Got out our Fall decor and got busy decorating fireplace mantels.


Hope everybody's September has been great, Fall is nearly upon us and I am so ready for Sweater Weather! How 'bout you?

5 comments:

  1. Love these photos, and you look lovely in your beautiful peacock dress!! Love the hummers and butterflies. That one is a Gulf Fritillary, I think. September is a good month for butterflies. I love your fall decor. I know you must be enjoying decorating your new home. No sweaters here yet, but little by little the temps are going down a bit each day. Hooray for Fall! My favorite season, and Sept. is my favorite month since I was born this month! LOL. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in that peacock dress. Do you ever just want to bust out of the mold and do something crazy like wearing white in January? I am just rebellious enough but for some reason I haven't done it yet. Maybe all we gals oughta try it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of the year when it's still warm but our humidity is less. Love the pretty butterfly and your end of summer fashions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweater Weather is my favorite kind! Love seeing you in your pretty outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. autumn...my favorite time of year!! very nice capture of the hummingbird and the butterfly, and you are not looking too shabby either!!! hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete