"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, September 14, 2023

clod hoppers

 

I made these pictures walking around last Spring in Charleston

clodhoppers!!!


Good, thick, strong, sturdy shoes! My Ma-Maw called shoes like this "clod-hoppers". ha ha LOL


they sure have come in handy for traipsing through old plantations, swampy lanes, grave yards, gardens and country roads!!















beautiful blooms cascading over a pretty little fence



Pretty sure that's a pink mandevilla. Our red one is currently blooming and doing great.











made pictures of church towers:









Pretty sure that is St. Michael's (below). So neat how George Washington climbed clear to the top of that tower!


Hope your week is going great so far! We are getting some cooler mornings out early, but the days are still hot. Still lots of nice summer thundershowers pretty much daily.
this week I processed kale:
.....and beans


....and made butter!




Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to have shoes that keep your feet dry. The grass is so tall on some of the trails now and my shoes get wet! Love your pretty photos and Yummy veggies! I always loved Swiss Chard in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post!! i remember the term clodhoppers, isn't it funny now?!?! my feet always get grassy and wet because i have such an adverse reaction to shoes!!

    it's so nice to have fresh veggies isn't it, tomatoes are always my favorites!!

    and you better smile in your next picture, you have a beautiful smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that beautiful butter!!! And aren't these cool mornings just glorious? xoxo

    ReplyDelete