"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, September 24, 2023

a look back at Summer



Whos ready for Fall? I enjoy summer except for the HEAT. 
Here's some pictures I made last summer.
*****************************************
It was a pretty day on a sunny Sunday  morning late in August, so we went for a walk after church.


Wow, look at these huge beautiful ferns!






What kind of ferns are these, anyone know?--they don't look like our Boston ferns.
(update: the ferns we grew on the porch this summer DID indeed get as big (bigger!) as these pictured. Not sure what we did, but they sure loved their location and got huge.)





Lots of people out and about:
Hot, hot day! Air conditioned churches feel great on Summer Sundays. That teal sweater I had on was REMOVED pretty quickly! LOL

many horses and carriages on the city streets



Here's a little "hat lady in training"


Hot summer days turning into Fall....

A stop at the grocery store and I found a big stack of hats!






...and some pretty towels too.
they had the hats on clearance so I bought a pink one.





Have y'all tried this gelato stuff yet? Oh it's SO SO GOOD!
So, is everybody ready for Fall now? I am--and raedy for sweater weather! September FLEW BY. Cant believe it's nearly October.

3 comments:

  1. Not knowing my ferns that well, they look like Boston to me. I grow some of the pretties BROWN ferns around! lol....I like hats but I don't like the wide brims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe those are sword ferns -- Kimberley Queens! But I could be wrong. That's what we grow in our giant poolside pots and they are so lush although this year's were not as full. Perhaps that's because TG and not the pirate went to the nursery and picked them out, hahaa! Talenti Gelato is awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do not grow ferns, i only plant/grow plants that have flowers. for me, as with any plant, location, water, sunlight and fertilizer make all the difference. the ferns pictured ale beautiful!! i have never had gelato of any kind!!

    the hats are pretty, i like the purple one with the stones, i would wear that!!

    ReplyDelete