"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Finally.....Spring!

I spotted this lovely wreath on a door last week. I thought it was so pretty!
And the folks at the house below always decorate for ALL OCCASIONS so nicely! They throw a big St. Patricks day party every year, but I'm not sure they went on with the plans this year under the circumstances. 

I always enjoy their effort with all their holiday and seasonal decorations so much!




The Irish pub over on Folly Beach was open and ready for business.

I really just wanted peace and quiet on the beach myself.....
See?--we had plenty of "social distancing"! LOL


I just wanted to be on the beach. I wanted to feel the cold wind on my face and breathe the fresh salty air and feel the sand crunch underneath my old boots. I wanted to hear the waves crashing and the birds singing.


the "wishing trees" stood bare


The beige and brown wood beads my Mom gave me many many years ago. The smaller green/mixed beads I have no idea where I got those! ha ha




we stayed to watch the sun set. 
There were a few people out and about on the city streets tonight....

this little couple has their hands full!LOL!




There were lots of skaters and skate-boards out, and people on blankets in the park, having picnics. I saw alot of people carrying home bags of carry-out supper, either home or to parks. The restaurants and bars were open today, but will cease at midnight tonight I believe. Some restaurants will continue carry-out you can pick up and a few deliver.




pedi-cabs waiting for customers







Some empty looking streets.........





He's either trying to get his pizza supper  home safely.....OR he's working for one of the new popular restaurant delivery services, very popular right now with folks staying home.

..and finally, a shot of St. Michaels--which has stood here for hundreds of years and weathered many  many storms, wars, fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, and plagues. I hope it still stands for hundreds of more years!

It wasn't there just the other day...it seemed to spring out of nowhere! LOL I love to see it every year, it's so pretty.


Stay safe and healthy all my blogging friends! I pray your homes, families and pets stay safe. A dear friend of mine gave me this cup years back...it still rings true.

7 comments:

  1. May you two stay well. Your walk on the beach looked invigorating. Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love getting to go on your walks with you:) I can see the ocean sitting right here in the desert...can't get any better than that. Thank God we have the internet and can continue to connect with each other during this difficult time. Stay well my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the cup, and so many things in this delightful post!! we are well, and happy at home with a few rides in the car and visits to the beach!! you wore your shoes at the beach?? it is much nicer to take them off and feel the sand if you can!!

    the wisteria are gorgeous, i can't wait for our to bloom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not time to party, but we can still decorate. Keep yourself safe and be cautious when you go out. I am on my 9th day of isolation and although it is hard, what is coming is harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's what I call social distancing. (Actually, I'm changing the term to spatial distancing because we all need to maintain the social, even if from afar!). I can't think of a better spot than the ocean, Debbi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love, love the St. Patrick decorations!! Is it ok to say, I totally forgot. I'm usually on top of the holidays but we have so much going on, it completely slipped my mind.
    How wonderful to have access to a beach where you can go for a nice quite walk. Looks like some other people had the same idea. It's a good place for social distancing. Our town had shut down but most restaurants still do take out. What a lovely place you live, the building are authentic with so much character to them. That cup is awesome!! Take care my friend and stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed all of these....the picture of St. Michael's gives me hope...we are really nothing in the big grand scheme of things and when we are all long and gone St Michael's will probably still be standing... beautiful beads from your mom...I would like to know more about the wishing trees! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete