"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Harvest Festival

We attended the annual Harvest Festival today and I got my fill of photographing kids in adorable costumes, dogs in costumes, food, bubbles, and fun.
Drums and dancing!








A tall butterfly!


Making bubbles!



a sweet gentle dog--it allowed many kids to pet it


Minimum Wage Band


There were carnival type games, face painting, and inflatable things to jump on and ride down for the kids. There was also trick-or-treating for them.


the kids enjoyed the hula hoops!




Bubbles all day!






sweet little baby!












The hair-do!


the hair-do!








Beautiful sweet face!!









Time to go home!---these kids look ready!
Back downtown, we made some pictures in front of the old Baptist church---it's so pretty at night.
The church was formed around 1682 up in Maine and in the late 1600's a group followed their Pastor down to Charleston and got established here, and this building was built in 1820.
I got out my velvet this weekend! I wore my black velvet skirt yesterday, and today wore this black velvet jumper. It's still way up in the 80's here, but it feels cooler at night now and the days have been better and not so HUMID.
I feel a BREEZE!! I love it when a big breeze comes and I get to do this with my scarf! LOL
the brown beads are wood beads my Mom gave me a long time ago and then I have on my leaf and the smooth polished rock thing 
Enjoyed taking y'all along with us to the festival today!

4 comments:

  1. Debbi, What a great fun day. All those wonderful costumes. A good family time. I love the chicken baby. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow---what a festival... So many gorgeous costumes. How could they ever judge the best one????? Looks like you had a great day... Love your colors (hat/scarf, etc.).. So pretty.......

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so colorful...like so much fun!! your pictures are amazing, you really captured the spirit of the festival!!

    ReplyDelete