"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Beautiful Tropical Captiva Island, Florida



Lovely big gates flank entrances to the many magnificent homes on the island

And they are lovely.........but i am more captivated by the small rainbow cottages which are liberally scattered all over!







Bright little banners blowing in the warm beach breezes...one of my favorite pictures from Captiva:
Captiva blossoms:
A very uniquely decorated mailbox post at the end of someone's driveway:
Captiva is a lovely place to spend a day, a week, or a whole vacation!
There are a few fun shops, some fantastic restaurants, and a wonderful small community. There are no big commercial high rises or hotels on the beach. Its quiet. There ARE many quaint little cottages, inns, and small hotels to stay at, many welcoming dogs. It would be a great place to retire to!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Debbi, oh this looks like such a wonderful place to visit and vacation. Love your pics and the darling little cottages are so charming. I could live there for sure. Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by and your kind comment. Have a blessed week ahead sweet friend.
    Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, a
    Though I am blown over by the bigger beach McMansions, my heart belongs to the bungalows. Those are my memories and they are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these quaint little cottages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love the quaint, eclectic feeling of shore communities!! the colors of the homes are sooooooo dreamy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I could spend quite a bit of time here walking around, writing, knitting, and snuggling into a cottage bed at night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that area ~ so pretty, quaint and peaceful! So very relaxing. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Love the fences, but those rainbow cottages are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes that is a very nice gate but I have to agree with you that the cottages are very charming. My pick would be the 2nd one down. - Also enjoyed the unique mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors of those cottages is wonderful. They are so charming to boot!! I could see myself hanging out there, enjoying the ocean breeze, soaking up the salt air, and all with my dog!! Not many places let you do that. For me, that's a big selling point. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbi, your pictures are wonderful....so colorful!

    We have spent several vacations on Captiva....it is beautiful, peaceful and expensive. Ha. We loved every minute of it.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very cute! I love all the colors!! :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Debbi,
    I saw your blog on my friend, Diane's blog. It's nice to meet you. You have such a colorful and charming blog. I noticed the peacock pictures in the post above. They are stunning. The peacock is a special bird to me - I have always been fascinated with it. There's a zoo that I go to sometimes, and the peacocks come right up to you, and I take pictures of their amazing colorful feathers. You have such a lovely blog and your pictures are filled with life! Me and my daughters also have a blog, and we would love it if you would visit us and follow. It's nice to meet new friends. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.

    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun place to visit Debi!!
    Boy, another place I haven't visited and another place to put on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete