"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

a Winter weekend

 I got these pretty windchimes/chandeliers for Christmas and Mr. Front Porch hung them up for me tonight. I just love them, especially the colorful one!











This week we took a nice long drive out into the countryside. Lots of trees and lonely country roads







Beautiful winter skies!




Hope everyone had a real nice weekend.  I wasn't feeling my best, but we did drive over to the beach to see the sunset and I made a few pictures.






posed for a few pictures with my girl Tansy! LOL!
see that beautiful handmade scarf?--a dear friend made that for me and it's like a hug from her!

I don't know why I have my hands like that?--it was windy, maybe I was holding my scarf on? LOL




it got CHILLY!!---time for a sweater and a hat!


Sunday after church we saw a pretty car:


and some Valentine hearts fluttering in a tree:

.....and somebody got married.

We walked for a short walk. After church I put on my new green velvet blouse and it was so warm and comfortable. I love wearing velvet, and I'd wanted an emerald green one for a long time.

little Tracie in her purple maxi dress and little furry vest! (faux fur, of course!) LOL

We peeked into some secret gardens
and saw gurgling fountains, oranges, lemon trees, and flowers.

so I made pictures of my dolls twice this weekend! LOL

I finally finished this book:


very good story, yes, would recommend this one


and I'm nearly done with this one, it's a quick and easy read and I'm really enjoying it!


Next up:


I also finished off my chocolate reindeer that I found in my stocking Christmas morning! LOL
What's everybody reading and how was your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Good Tuesday morning to you Debbi. I've been up since 4:30, it's now 6 a.m.

    I love the pictures you share here of the wonderful area that you live in. You look a little down/sad and said you weren't feeling good, I hope you are feeling much better now.

    Dewena shared a book she read and I ended up ordering it yesterday along with another one so that I could get free shipping. ;-) 'The Last Garden in England' by Julia Kelly and 'The Sea Gate' by Jane Johnson. I'm re-reading a book 'The Sinners Garden' by William Sirls. I don't usually buy new 'fiction' books, but am counting these two new books my Valentine's gift to myself. ;-) Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is much beauty in the winter and you showed us some nice highlights. I don’t go out much anymore as there is little incentive but spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ride and you taking us along and you look good in your hat and sweater:) Have got out of the habit of reading, think the computer ruined that, is just easier to play games and search the web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not a reader and our weekend was very quiet, staying home!! your wind chimes are so very beautiful, they look perfect for you!!

    it looks like a great country ride- awesome pictures - a gorgeous sunset - i hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wind chimes are fabulous! I love your new green velvet top! My mother made me a green velvet sheath for Valentine's Day when I was 17 and it was my favorite dress ever. All three of your books look good, jotting down their names. I hope you're feeling better now. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally be down with the choc reindeer! I have tried to keep from bringing stuff like that home when I go out but it is so hard. At night, I want SWEETS...really bad. Sorry you were not feeling well, I have to say, the weather is playing horrible with my body. I am really for spring, problem with that, after spring comes summer and my body is not a fan of that either. Looks as if you and the dolls enjoyed the time being out. Sunset is so pretty. Have a great week. Thank you for the nice words about my projects and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, I MISSED this one!! For some reason your posts are not feeding into my page, so I need to see what I've done wrong so I don't miss any more posts! I loved seeing Tracie in her beautiful outfit. Lily Grace just saw that and wanted to jump right into this page and go hug her and you and Tansy too! She loved Tracie's outfit and said that she hopes she will be able to get some new clothes soon. Mommie has some on order and we hope they will arrive soon before she gets her one outfit dirty...she is SO busy exploring. Oh, this was so delightful! Lily and I are so happy to see all of you! Thank you. Oh, everything else was nice too, but we were mostly looking for our special friends!! Have a blessed and beautiful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time!~ Sorry you weren't feeling well. I am reading poetry because it calms me. I love Folly Beach in winter! I love it in summer too, but it's too hot for me until late autumn -- and sometimes even then! So I enjoy it most around sunset. And I love winter skies; so different from summer, unique and fascinating. Tracie and Tansy look smashing as always! xoxo

    ReplyDelete