"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, December 4, 2020

sunflowers and the end of summer

 Sometime in August, towards the end of summer, feels like sunflower time to me. So I headed out with a few sunflowers to make pictures.

Looking at these pictures, it's hard to believe that Christmas time and winter have arrived so quickly!





a bright bowl in a window

love these tall glossy shutters!


































arm candy today is red, white and blue!
 I loaded the bracelets on, LOL!



So I laid my bouquet in front of the church and 
made some pictures of it. Do you have sunflowers where you live? Have you grown them from seeds? We plant them just about every year, and the critters always steal our seeds, dig them up! Do you ever eat sunflower seeds for a snack?

I saw these beautiful hot pink flowers a couple of days ago and thought they were so pretty!




We decided to go for a drive to the beach and we spotted this lady carrying her big black dog.



There was a pretty sunset and people out on the beach making pictures and enjoying the evening.











I got these two cute necklaces (an owl and a dragonfly) a few weeks ago:
they didn't photograph very well, but the colors in them are amazing!
Our Coastal Fair was cancelled this year but we saw several of the attractions set up in an empty parking lot. There were a few games so the kids could play and win prizes, and also Fair Food, funnel cakes, cotton candy, deep fried everything LOL... and the like.













Were the fairs cancelled where you live as well?


4 comments:

  1. Debbi, Loved the sunflowers. My daughter Karen grows them every year. Yes, our fairs were cancelled. My girls growing up always loved our county fair. Stay safe there. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those shutters also. And that gate. I love gates. Out in Calif. you see a lot of gates and that is where I took most of my pics when I was out visiting my son. Yep, little early in the winter for you to be teasing us with sunflowers!! haha....Snow....not snow, but flurries all day. It was beautiful coming down and when the wind blew it looked like a blizzard. Ground was to warm for anything to stick and stay around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those sunflowers are really bright and beautiful, are they real?? you seem to have a lot of wright iron in your area. fences and gates are a big deal!!

    all of our fairs and craft shows were cancelled this year, i really missed attending them!! the deck is coming along, the bottom deck part is done and we are waiting for the rails to come in...12/18. then they will be able to finish!!

    ReplyDelete