"Following where my camera leads me!"

"Following where my camera leads me!"

Friday, September 25, 2020

BIG ship!

 

We went to get a look at the big container ship that came in this week. It's the biggest ship to ever visit the East coast, we thought that was worth going to check out.  Her name is the CMA CGM Brazil and she's longer than two Washington monuments laid down, or one Eiffel Tower laid down. (1200 feet long)





so over the bridge we go.....to find the big ship.


Beautiful sunshine yellow cannas greeted us, and we also got to enjoy a nice Fall walk.





The ship came from Sri Lanka, Vietnam, and China stops before coming here. She is stacked full of all kinds of goods that go into our department/grocery/home/discount stores--everything from clothes and toys to tools and furniture.
Just look at all those shipping crates all stacked up on top of each other. Each one is big.....like bigger than a semi truck maybe?--and she can carry over 15,000 of them.



The Brazil stopped here at our port for fuel, to drop off merchandise and get supplies, and to get ready for her return journey to China.



the sky was gloomy....and the breezes COOL!!--it felt great

























Beads today---a strand of old brown shimmery beads my Mom gave me. And a gold leaf necklace, plus my old gold leaf pendant necklace, My Mom gave me this so many years ago. It was our "special Fall necklace", we would pull them out of our jewelry boxes and start wearing them sometime in early September each year. That first year she was gone....dang, that was a hard thing to get out my leaf necklace without her...







today's "arm candy" LOL. Big green "marble" bracelet, a pink one, some of my fluffy-puffy-ball ones, and a gold sparkly bead bracelet. Quite an arm-full! LOL


Cooler weather........the shawls are coming out! Yay!

Headed back home..........up and over the big bridge!





Dinner and a Movie:
Fried chicken, hash browns, and corn on the cob! YUM!


Sophie and the Moonhanger (1996) The movie is set in the 1950s South and is the story of Bonnie, her husband, who is in the Klan, and her housekeeper/maid Sophie, who is black.
amazon


I thought it was a great movie, I'd highly recommend. 

Happy Trails to  you!






















6 comments:

  1. Debbi, Sending you a mommy hug . I still miss my mom so much. It was 14 yrs. this month since she passed. It's good you have special things to remember your loved one. That's a big bridge too. I like looking at the ship. You looked nice in your shawl and jeans. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was a great little trip and over the bridge is always exciting. Can't imagine just how big that ship is. The crates look more like suitcases!! Love your outfit:) Dinner looks scrumptious:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wondered about cargo ships coming in from other lands during this time. You have cleared that up for me. Life goes on.

    That dinner looks so yummy and makes me hungry. I just sent out My Retired Man to get some take out. It’s Friday, and a night that in other times we would be eating out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do and see THE most interesting things! I’m so happy you share them with us!
    Summer loves looking at tankers and finding out where they are from. She loves everything about going to the coast.
    I love your special memories of your mom.....I have that same leaf necklace and when I get home I’m going to wear it in honor of your mother and the love y’all shared.
    You looked so cute in your jeans and boots and - no matter WHAT you wear - you always have your jewelry on! I have that same black cape! We could be Twinkie’s !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw those big ole ships carrying those containers when I was on a fairy heading down the Panama Canal.... I was just thankful they had them just sitting and waiting for their time to go down and not pulling in the slip behind our little fairy...that would have made me a tad uncomforty. Would you mind if I started to add some outfits and stuff in my blog like you do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was a fun outing, out with a mission!! i have seen big boats like that that carry shipping containers. we just recently say one that had pink containers on it. i will have to look for that picture!!

    you look great debbi...almost as good as that chicken dinner!! hehehehehehe, did you make that or eat out??

    ReplyDelete